Comet DS150S versus Diamond D-130J

Which do you prefer?

• Comet DS150S

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Diamond D-130J

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other Discone, but it has to be same Price Range, Solid Elements. Post your choice below.

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thomast77

So I am looking at a Discone to replace my Radio Shack Discone. I want Solid Cone and Disc elements. And prefer Stainless Steel versus Aluminum. I think that both of these models fit that bill. If not please correct me. I am curious which one you recommend and why? Or if there is another one you recommend in the same price range.
Thanks for your input
Tom

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Well I have a Diamond D-130J and I like it.During the time I have had it up,its held up to strong winds,snow storms and rain.

Last edited:

rangers38

Premium Subscriber
I have a Diamond 130JN that was put up last February. It has pretty solid construction all stainless, and so far pretty happy about the durability and overall reception of wide spectrum of frequencies. I preferred the 130JN over the basic 130J as the JN has "N" style connectors which are better for higher frequencies than the PL259 connectors. I also purchased 100' of LMR400 as my coax. The combination of both work really well for my needs. I live in a higher elevation which helps, and have the antenna up about 12 ft above my chimney. The Diamond is a pretty good choice, I do not know much about the Comet

Status
Not open for further replies.