• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Comet M-24SJ to Wouxun HT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heyboy

South of the Red River, North of the Metromess
I have a Wouxun HT ( KG-UVD1P) and a Comet M-24SJ antenna. The way you must attach the coax to the radio is turn the radio. Is there a connector/adapter that you allow one to attach the coax to the radio without having to turn the radio? Confusing, yes, Frustrating, definitely!

LtDoc

It is frustrating, isn't it? :) I don't have an answer for you. If you should happen to find a solution to that, would you please let me know too? Or get two of them and I'll take the other one off of your hands at a really ridiculously 'reduced price'??
Oh well, it was worth a shot...
- 'Doc

Heyboy

South of the Red River, North of the Metromess
An answer?

Doc,

After much research, and a few orders, I belive I have found a solution. I ordered the following from Austion Amateur Radio Supply:
Item 1 77166 SMA-F To BNC-M Adapter
Item 2 AT7820 SMA to BNC Female Adapter

I attached Item 1 to the antenna then screwed Item 2 into the radio the connected the two together. I all goes together but I have not been able to test it yet.

This is my solution, time will tell if it works.

Regards,
Sam

LtDoc

I have two adaptors, one has a short section of small coax between the SO-239 on one end and the SMA connector on the other end. The secont is an 'all in one' thingy, the '239 and SMA connectors in one 'chunk'. They both work, the 'better' of the two depends on the one using them, what they find most convenient. With the first, I detach the rubber-duck, screw on the SMA end to the HT and then the feed line to the other end of the adaptor. The 'one chunk' thingy works the same way, goes on the HT first, then the feed line is attached. I don't have to turn the HT to use an external antenna. More a matter of 'procedure' than anything. If done in the 'right' order, not turning the HT. If not done in the 'right' manner, I still end up turning the @#$ thing.
- 'Doc

(I like beer too! Whether I drink it out'a the can or from a glass just depends on circumstances, you know? Using a straw out of either container works too!)

Status
Not open for further replies.