Coming Soon.... RadioReference New Features and Enhancements for September 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hello RR Community!

We are excited to announce that a number of new features and enhancements to the RadioReference platform will be released on Thursday morning, September 15th. During the release, expect the site to be in maintenance mode from 6:00 AM CST to 7:15 AM CST on Sept 15th as we implement the changes.

The new features that we are rolling out will greatly enhance the usability of the site. With this release comes the following:

* We will now strive to become the most accurate resource for Amateur Radio Repeater information. In the past, we limited our database to only Skywarn and RACES repeater information, however we will be expanding that to cover all Amateur Radio Repeater information around the world.

* We've implemented a Nationwide Frequency section for every country in the world. This will allows us to track and store common nationwide frequencies. After rollout on September 15th, our administration team will quickly deploy information for many common services, including Aircraft, Marine, Federal, Business, GMRS, CB Radio, and Military.

* Updates to how we store P25 wide area trunked radio systems that are networked by WACN. This will allow us to consolidate these systems that are networked into single entries in the database.

* Most advertisements across the entire site will now no longer been seen by premium subscribers.

* New Reports and faster searches in the database

* Style changes for better readability.

* and much much more.

I've attached a screen shot of what the new style looks like in the RRDB. Enjoy!

Additionally, over the new 2 months, we will be rolling out a number of new features to support the Amateur Radio community, including a complete callsign lookup facility, callsign profile linking to your RR account, and more! Stay tuned!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 7,946
Last edited:

K1JWM

Nice!

Very Nice! This site will become a one stop shopping. For those looking for any type of frequency.. I will be eager to submit Amateur Repeater frequency's for Southwest New Hampshire..

Great work!
Jeff Mungovan
K1JWM

N2JDS

Will this inject the new information into the Home Patrol? Don't have one yet, but thinking about it, just hesitant due to not knowing enough about its abilities.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Will this inject the new information into the Home Patrol? Don't have one yet, but thinking about it, just hesitant due to not knowing enough about its abilities.

Uniden and GRE will have the new nationwide frequencies that are coming made available to them for inclusion in their scanners that bundle the RadioReference database (The GRE-800 and HomePatrol). You'll have to wait for them to implement those features in their radios. It should be an easy process for them, however I'm not speaking on their behalf so you'll need to wait to hear from them regarding that.

Thanks,

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I'm looking forward to seeing how this will affect listings, especially in larger trunking systems. (Such as MPSCS, which was used in examples.)

Will the changes affect the API, and thusly requiring an update of our programming software?

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Maybe not the correct forum to ask this, but has there been any insight to RR providing feeds for WeatheRadio? I know there's Wunderground, just not sure if there is any Canadian ones.

I used to host a feed here on RR for my region, but then I moved in which case moving again this week, unfortunately due to location I won't be able to get the outdoor antenna up because of living in an apt. building with no balcony, but I was thinking about streaming the weatheradio channel for my region. Which would be able to cover a good portion of Eastern Ontario.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
* We will now strive to become the most accurate resource for Amateur Radio Repeater information. In the past, we limited our database to only Skywarn and RACES repeater information, however we will be expanding that to cover all Amateur Radio Repeater information around the world.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

Looks like an awesome update all around.

Thanks to the entire RR team for the awesome job you guys do!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.