Coming Soon.... RadioReference New Features and Enhancements for September 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Impressive Changes

I am quite impressed with the RR changes. In the past, finding Federal Frequencies has been a challenge for me.

Thanks for the hard work and innovations.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Oh wow, those preview screenshots look awesome! I can't wait to see what the real deal will look and feel like! Kudos to everyone for their hard work and dedication in continually improving RR, I'm sure there was a lot of behind the scenes work put into this update! :D

vansigint98661

Premium Subscriber
Me Too

It does look great, but I, like Ensnared above, have trouble understanding why there is not "Nationwide" section to handle such things as Federal. While I have always suspected that there is a policy issue which I just have never seen (feel free to direct me if this is true) but it has always seemed that an area where Federal legacy systems, and the updated new systems coming on line should be showcased.

Many of the legacy systems have been out in the public domain now for decades, so there ought not be any confidentiality issuses involved, and frankly, it just seems like it's time.

I'm obviously missing something so what would the issue here be?

Keep up the great work and I'm sure that all of the members appreciate the great cooperative works being done with Uniden and GRE.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
I know it has been a point of contention in the past, but I'm glad to see RR welcoming the amateur radio community. I bet the number of submissions tomorrow is going to be pretty high...

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
This is a great example of why I continue to support RR. Thank you for looking ahead and continuing to make improvements!

CanesFan95

It's really something how far this website has come over the years. Ham repeaters always seem to have frequent changes. Repeaters are always going up, down, changing PLs (my biggest pet peeve), changing frequencies, etc.

If you get a new 2m/440 rig and program it up with 100 machines, it won't be long before you'll be re-programming half those memory channels in the radio. Hopefully this'll be a way to have a frequently updated listing of ham freqs without having to get approval through the board, committee, council, commission, association, and then waiting for quarterly updates etc . . .

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Maybe not the correct forum to ask this, but has there been any insight to RR providing feeds for WeatheRadio? I know there's Wunderground, just not sure if there is any Canadian ones.

I used to host a feed here on RR for my region, but then I moved in which case moving again this week, unfortunately due to location I won't be able to get the outdoor antenna up because of living in an apt. building with no balcony, but I was thinking about streaming the weatheradio channel for my region. Which would be able to cover a good portion of Eastern Ontario.
Wundeground accepts Canadian feeds.

Bob_61

Folks, we'll be rolling out Thursday morning at around 6:30 AM CST.

That will work,after I get back from the neuro-ophthalmologist at Yale-New Haven. Now the anticipation is making me wait......
Anyway thanks for all your hard work guys!!

Highpockets

I guess there is a reason for it, but, I would have liked to see you only have to log in once for the whole site, instead of one on the main page and one in the forums. You have to do both to get rid of most (almost all) the ads. Very nice job though Lindsay. :D The size of the US map in the database is nice without the ad, I really like the way things display without the ads, makes site faster for me. :D

SCPD

QRT
WOW - The largest collection of data for both scanning and now Amateur? Good Job! Hope RR stays off the SEC's radar ....

Last edited:

KR4BD

Thank you ...Thank you... Thank you.

I am very pleased to see the additional Threads for Amateur (Ham) Radio Operators. Many of us are old-time radio geeks with a liking for all kinds of radio, not just scanning. This added coverage can only help spread knowledge and information to those having an interest in the various radio services.

Status
Not open for further replies.