Coming soon to your rearview mirror

Status
Not open for further replies.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
New MSP car seen at OC Airport. What unit is CV-2? The car did not have low band antennae, only a very stubby trunk mount for data, and what appeared to be for broadcast band (AM/FM).

CA
Annapolis

Attachments

• IMG_1559.JPG
    IMG_1559.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 374

kirka127

The AM/FM antenna is the two way radio antenna. The chargers don't come with external antennas for there AM/FM radios.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
More on the ~AM/FM antenna: It was black and mounted on top of the left rear fender. The conductor spiraled around the center support stick along the entire length of the antenna, which was about 3 feet in length.

CA
Annapolis

Anand

Premium Subscriber
Don't they carry scales/etc in the back of the Expeditions that they currently use for truck enforcement now?? I wonder how well these fit in the Chargers, unless this unit is for some sort of pursuit?

Another interesting Charger in the area was one I saw a few days ago, followed it from rt50 in Queenstown (eastern shore) to when I got off on rt100 (@ I-97) and it continued north... Black charger, moderately (maybe 35%) tinted windows, TINY (2" tall maybe 1.5" base .5" tip) nipple looking antenna on the trunk. Other than the full array of LED lighting I could see up close it had nothing else denoting who/where it was from.. I would assume AACO or maybe even QACSO?

hill

Premium Subscriber
The Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Division uses Explorers and other type of trucks, since have to carry scales and other equipment to inspected trucks.

ebxgsxr

Black charger, moderately (maybe 35%) tinted windows, TINY (2" tall maybe 1.5" base .5" tip) nipple looking antenna on the trunk. Other than the full array of LED lighting I could see up close it had nothing else denoting who/where it was from.. I would assume AACO or maybe even QACSO?

tunnel rats are also using chargers. agencies were going with darker colors so the cars can "blend in" a little better...from what i understand.

btw, hi to everyone on the board. just found this site & trying to learn more about this scanner i got.

Last edited:

OldsDoug

New MSP car seen at OC Airport. What unit is CV-2? The car did not have low band antennae, only a very stubby trunk mount for data, and what appeared to be for broadcast band (AM/FM).

CA
Annapolis

"Crown Victoria-2?" :) No, I guess that wouldn't be it.

Just to confirm, pictured car is all black, correct?

For those who may not be aware, Some MSP barracks are piggy-backing on the 800-trunked systems of local jurisdictions, which may explain the stubby trunk mount antenna. I think the Charger's broadcast antenna is a short swept-back one on the roof in front of the back window... most, if not all of the ones I've seen (civilian and police) seem to have them... I wonder if that doubles for XM or Sirrus, about which I know nothing...

ebxgsxr

i just got this PRO 97 scanner & i wanted to figure out how to listen in on the PC01 talkgroup....but i am not having any luck what so ever :(

Last edited:

maus92

Premium Subscriber
BTW, The car was dark green, but appears black in the photo.

Whistler

Aviation Charger

Caught this one at the local Mall in Cumberland. It is being driven by the Section Supervisor for the Helicopter. Not really sure why they are pushing them out to the Non-Road units.

Attachments

• AV 88.jpg
    AV 88.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 127

fd2119

Pimp, aren't you a bit far north? Go back to eLightbars! :-D (figgered me out yet?!)

Doug

I wonder if the mounting of that Whelen Inner Edge on the dash is temporary? Most people mount them to the headliner.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.