Coming to DisneyWorld

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrolman123

I will be visiting DisneyWorld next week. Can anyone suggest what to put into the scanner. What will I be able to hear and not hear. Is it true that Disney opertaes off a Nextel system? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Click the "search" link above and you'll see all your questions have been answered...

james07731

Premium Subscriber
When I was there I put the trunked freqs in my scanner for disney, universal, & seaworld. I didn't hear anything. Orlando PD, Kissimmee PD, & the county SO were all very active - as well as the fire & EMS.

Don't forget to search 460-470 for bussiness freqs (hotels, resturants, etc)

Also the family radios are active. If you have one, bring it. It is almost as active as the old CB radios.

Patch42

Disney uses primarily Nextel within the park. Some of the surrounding hotel properties still use scannable radios.

Orange County SO and Fire are on an analog Motorola system and can be scanned. Orlando PD went to an encrypted system a few months ago. Orlando FD is on the same system as the PD, but is digital, not encrypted. Many people, myself included, have difficulty getting clear copy on their transmissions anyway.

Osceola County is all analog and can be scanned.

Seaworld and Universal have trunking systems, but are powered to cover not much beyond the park. I'm about two miles from Seaworld and can hear everything from there. From Universal I hear not a peep unless practically on the property.

Several other hotels in the area have radio systems that can be monitored if you're into hearing that the light is out in the mini-bar in room 1473.

RF-Burns

I use to work for Reedy Creek as a dispatcher. Reedy Creek is the Fire Department that serves Disney World if you weren't familiar. All of Disney's Comms are done via Nextel including Walt Disney Security. There is no why to listen to them. As for Reedy Creek Fire / EMS you must have a Digital Scanner. They just moved to a Motorola P25 System. They are very active and run over 50,000 calls a year. You would be surprised how many structure fires there are on Disney Property, usually 1 a week. If you get a chance stop at Station 4, which is over by Downtown Disney, they have T-Shirts for sale. Most people don’t know but Disney doesn’t have there own Fire Department or EMS it is all done by Reedy Creek. Even though Walt Disney has a pretend firehouse inside Magic Kingdom and they sell Walt Disney World Fire Department stuff, there is no such thing. Only Reedy Creek serves Disney World. The Creek also serves a small part of I-4. Be very careful if you drive onto any major highways, people down there drive very fast and erratic, there are multiple accidents daily with at least 1 or 2 fatalities a week! Also follow the speed limit on Disney Property. Disney World contracts with the Orange County Sheriff's Office, for speed enforcement. There are multiple points the cops sit, and they do not let anyone go. They don't care who you are. The Orange County Sheriff's is run like a Good Old Boys Club. They love to fight and use their Taser’s. They will not think twice about tasing a person who talks back. There is no such thing as good police work in Florida. They just pull there taser and tase you, they don't no how to talk someone down who is upset. You wouldn't believe the amount people who get tased on Disney Property. Just watch the News at least once or twice while you are there. It is unbelievable. I don’t know if your from the north or not, but the police do things down there that would get officers fired in a heart beat up north.

Orange County and Osceola FD you can listen to as well. They both run on an 800Mhz system non-digital. Orlando PD is now digital, I'm not sure about Orlando FD. Polk County also runs an 800Mhz system, which has very good coverage into the Disney area. For a semi rural county they are very busy. Don't get confused when you here them say, "Comm C" that is what they call there dispatcher. They don't say dispatcher it is always Comm C, which I think is stupid. But it is the south and things are much slower down there. I couldn't handle how slow everything down there is, I moved back to NY after 1 Year.

Its funny they compare their fire departments down there to FDNY and other northern fire departments. I just laughed at them. I also worked for Seminole County Fire Dispatch, which is just North of Orange County. They thought their Sh*t didn't smell there. They used to talk all this crap about the north and how their county fire department could kiss FDNY's Ass. I thought it was funny. Seminole County has 2 or 3 High Rises in the whole county and when I mean high-rise I mean 10 or 11 floors. They have no idea what real firefighting is down south but they sure do like to pretend. Almost all firefighting in Central Florida is Paid. They have no concept of Volunteers. It is crazy. For example, Station 42 in Seminole County. They run under 200 calls a year but they are paid. For what, who the heck wants to pay guys 40,000 a year to run 1 call every other day? It is ludicrous. You wouldn’t believe some the disgusting looking firehouses down there either. Firehouses you would never see up north are down south. Just very old 1 or 2 bay houses, no sleeping quarters, kitchens are a stovetop and a microwave, and cockroaches everywhere. The funny part is they think it is normal. They do not know any different. Only if they new what real firefighting is and what a real firehouse is. The only really nice firehouses you will see in Florida are the ones on Disney Property. They will blow you away.

Rover

You might try listening in the 180-210 mhz range or other ranges for wireless mics. About 2 years ago I picked up wirless mics in this range near Playhouse Disney at MGM with stage comms. They were very lowpower comms and I am not sure if they are still using them or not. If you are bored you might search the wireless mics frequency ranges, there are database on the net. JUst my 2c...73 ,,,Rover

rdale

Premium Subscriber
As for Reedy Creek Fire / EMS you must have a Digital Scanner. They just moved to a Motorola P25 System.

Actually they moved a while ago to P25 - but earlier this year they went all encrypted so you can't hear anything.

RF-Burns

Actually they moved a while ago to P25 - but earlier this year they went all encrypted so you can't hear anything.

They moved to P25 in June 08. There signal before was just plain digital before not P25.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
They've been P25 digital for a long time, so I'm not sure what you were referring to... There is no difference between P25 digital audio and "not-P25 digital audio." The only change is in the control channel, but even that was changed a while back.

They went fully encrypted earlier this year.

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104514

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I use to work for Reedy Creek as a dispatcher. Reedy Creek is the Fire Department that serves Disney World if you weren't familiar. All of Disney's Comms are done via Nextel including Walt Disney Security. There is no why to listen to them. As for Reedy Creek Fire / EMS you must have a Digital Scanner. They just moved to a Motorola P25 System. They are very active and run over 50,000 calls a year. You would be surprised how many structure fires there are on Disney Property, usually 1 a week. If you get a chance stop at Station 4, which is over by Downtown Disney, they have T-Shirts for sale. Most people don’t know but Disney doesn’t have there own Fire Department or EMS it is all done by Reedy Creek. Even though Walt Disney has a pretend firehouse inside Magic Kingdom and they sell Walt Disney World Fire Department stuff, there is no such thing. Only Reedy Creek serves Disney World. The Creek also serves a small part of I-4. Be very careful if you drive onto any major highways, people down there drive very fast and erratic, there are multiple accidents daily with at least 1 or 2 fatalities a week! Also follow the speed limit on Disney Property. Disney World contracts with the Orange County Sheriff's Office, for speed enforcement. There are multiple points the cops sit, and they do not let anyone go. They don't care who you are. The Orange County Sheriff's is run like a Good Old Boys Club. They love to fight and use their Taser’s. They will not think twice about tasing a person who talks back. There is no such thing as good police work in Florida. They just pull there taser and tase you, they don't no how to talk someone down who is upset. You wouldn't believe the amount people who get tased on Disney Property. Just watch the News at least once or twice while you are there. It is unbelievable. I don’t know if your from the north or not, but the police do things down there that would get officers fired in a heart beat up north.

Orange County and Osceola FD you can listen to as well. They both run on an 800Mhz system non-digital. Orlando PD is now digital, I'm not sure about Orlando FD. Polk County also runs an 800Mhz system, which has very good coverage into the Disney area. For a semi rural county they are very busy. Don't get confused when you here them say, "Comm C" that is what they call there dispatcher. They don't say dispatcher it is always Comm C, which I think is stupid. But it is the south and things are much slower down there. I couldn't handle how slow everything down there is, I moved back to NY after 1 Year.

Its funny they compare their fire departments down there to FDNY and other northern fire departments. I just laughed at them. I also worked for Seminole County Fire Dispatch, which is just North of Orange County. They thought their Sh*t didn't smell there. They used to talk all this crap about the north and how their county fire department could kiss FDNY's Ass. I thought it was funny. Seminole County has 2 or 3 High Rises in the whole county and when I mean high-rise I mean 10 or 11 floors. They have no idea what real firefighting is down south but they sure do like to pretend. Almost all firefighting in Central Florida is Paid. They have no concept of Volunteers. It is crazy. For example, Station 42 in Seminole County. They run under 200 calls a year but they are paid. For what, who the heck wants to pay guys 40,000 a year to run 1 call every other day? It is ludicrous. You wouldn’t believe some the disgusting looking firehouses down there either. Firehouses you would never see up north are down south. Just very old 1 or 2 bay houses, no sleeping quarters, kitchens are a stovetop and a microwave, and cockroaches everywhere. The funny part is they think it is normal. They do not know any different. Only if they new what real firefighting is and what a real firehouse is. The only really nice firehouses you will see in Florida are the ones on Disney Property. They will blow you away.

Thats not Entirely true (Ex Orange County Fire, Rural Metro Dispatcher)
Orange County and Orlando have some really nice stations (83,70,72,65 for orange County)(Station 12 for Orlando) and some crappy ones, Orange County has a Reserve program which is quite a nice organization. I know people who work both Reedy Creek and Seminole and I dont think it is all that bad. FDNY is a great department no one is knocking them (Except who wants to live in NYC)

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I will be visiting DisneyWorld next week. Can anyone suggest what to put into the scanner. What will I be able to hear and not hear. Is it true that Disney opertaes off a Nextel system? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

You Can Listen to Orange County Sector 5 which handles the Disney area and anything requiring a real law enforcement officer on Property.

There is still alot to listen to for now, so don't be discouraged

Status
Not open for further replies.