Coming to NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertpearsall

Premium Subscriber
I will be travling to Rolesville NC (wake county) and need help in to what to program i would like to listen to NCPD in Wake County Area along with Rolesville PD FD and EMS i am using arc396pro to program my scanner thank you for any help you can give

FireCop

Public Safety Grunt
Premium Subscriber
Rolesville

Robert,

All Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS, etc. in Wake County are on the State of North Carolina's VIPER trunked network. Here is the link from the Radio Reference database.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4087

I believe Rolesville has some of their own talkgroups for pd & town ops. FD & EMS should be on the ones for county fire & ems ops.

The State Highway Patrol is also active in Wake County on this system. You want to look for Troop C District 3 talkgroups.

I hope this helps.

Ron

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Robert-
Welcome to Central NC!
FireCop is right....Rolesville uses the VIPER system for Public Safety communication....
1) To Monitor the Wake County system set your 396T up for a Moto Type II system (NOT an APCO 25 system!!) and set it up for Control Channel Only scanning with the Control channels of 868.7875Mhz and 868.5625Mhz....
2) Rolesville PD is dispatched out on the "LEEAST" (Law Enforcement East) talkgroup of 35680...several small towns are dispatched out on this talkgroup but the Rolesville PD units go by 15xx (ie: 1525) callsigns...Rolesville PD also uses the following talkgroups:
36096= RVPD1 (Rolesville PD Channel 1 unit to unit)
36112= RVPD2 (Rolesville PD Channel 2 unit to unit)
3) Rolesville FD is dispatched out the same as any other Wake County FD on the Alert talkgroup of 33088...Wake County uses an automated dispatch system called "Locution"....a dispatcher keys in call into into a computer down at communications and the call is dispatched by said computer in a computerized voice...the initial alert dispatch is also simulcasted on 154.190Mhz VHF for County Minitor Pagers...in the initial alert dispatch Rolesville FD will be assigned an "Ops" (numbered 1-12) or "PS TAC" (Numbered 13-39) talkgroup....those talkgroups can be found in the link that FireCop gave above:
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4087
Look under "Wake County Fire Department" and "Wake County Public Safety"....
4)Rolesville EMS mirrors the Fire Department except their alert talkgroup is the Wake County EMS Alert talkgroup of 35168 (Silmulcasted on 156.225Mhz)....they get assigned to the same PS TAC channel that the FD does....
Most Agencies in Wake County use cleartext (ie: very few 10 codes) for communications...but if you get stumped you can find a 10 codes/signals list here:
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?action=codes&code_id=1393
Hope this helps make your visit enjoyable and let us know if you have any questions!
Happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.