CoMIRS new tg

Status
Not open for further replies.

LD723

Talkgroup 2262 any idea as to what this may be? Received on south site

jmorrissey23

Premium Subscriber
2263 (one talkgroup up from the talkgroup the OP monitored) has been active on the Metro Boston 700 system today. Fully encrypted, but radio IDs suggest MSP Portables.

LD723

2263 (one talkgroup up from the talkgroup the OP monitored) has been active on the Metro Boston 700 system today. Fully encrypted, but radio IDs suggest MSP Portables.
When I was listening to that talkgroup, it was just active for that day and their were only a few same radio i.d's talking to eachother mostly just two i.d's back and forth

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
I'm just wondering, anyone know if there is any type of timeline for when we should expect the CoMIRS system to replace the MSP system or at least when it'll expand into SE MA/D troop area? Or is your guess as good as mine?

gordon115

The vendor who will build out the system will be chosen in the next few months then installation and testing will begin sometime after that. Likely a couple of years before any new zones are up and running. Also unclear what areas/zones will be done first.

garys

Premium Subscriber
From the thread on SNE, the Request for Proposals calls for completion of the entire system by the end of 2025. Based on my prior experience with government contracts it's not at all unusual for contracts to run after the originally specified completion date.

Also, it looks like the southeast MA and Cape Cod areas are going to be completed first.

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
Wow, thanks for the replies guys, good info 👍

Hopefully there isn't too much of the evil "E" on the new system but time will tell

Status
Not open for further replies.