Comm check 259.700 (Shuttle)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zguy1243

had a nice signal on them here in northern Georgia. At times it was S-8 or better on my Icom R8500. Look for another pass in a few minutes with more UHF A/G checks (259.7) with Dryden.

kny2xb

I received 2 or 3 Shuttle transmissions during landing Monday 2/22 between 10:05 and 10:15 PM ET on 259.7, in Palm Harbor FL, in my driveway, on a PRO-97 using a Diamond RH77CA.

If they had stayed up one more orbit, they would have passed over the Tampa Bay area on landing instead of Naples [darn!].

SCPD

QRT
Guys Im going to Florida on May 14th to watch the Space Shuttle Atlantis take off from KSC. I am planning this trip because there are only a hand full of flights left of the shuttle program. Of course there is no guarantee of a launch so I figure if no flight then at least I will get to tour the facility. Anyway I plan on taking my scanner with me so does anybody have any Freqs that I should tune into while on location? Im really interested in tuning in the flight control freq and ground personnel.Also if anybody has the freqs that the NASA aircraft use for weather observations during pre-launch preps.

Thanks,
Rob

LSEMT219

Guys Im going to Florida on May 14th to watch the Space Shuttle Atlantis take off from KSC. I am planning this trip because there are only a hand full of flights left of the shuttle program. Of course there is no guarantee of a launch so I figure if no flight then at least I will get to tour the facility. Anyway I plan on taking my scanner with me so does anybody have any Freqs that I should tune into while on location? Im really interested in tuning in the flight control freq and ground personnel.Also if anybody has the freqs that the NASA aircraft use for weather observations during pre-launch preps.

Thanks,
Rob

I was wanting to plan a trip this year to see one launch. Have fun on your trip.

WB2UZR

Thanks,
Rob

Hi Rob:

I'll put a list together for you. What type of scanner will you be bringing?

Scott/WB2UZR

Melbourne, Florida

SCPD

QRT
Hi Rob:

I'll put a list together for you. What type of scanner will you be bringing?

Scott/WB2UZR

Melbourne, Florida

Thanks Scott,Im bringing my Uniden 396T with me on the trip.I would appreciate any info you could provide. I did find a rather extensive list of NASA ops freqs but there are like a hundred freqs and TGIDs. I was hoping to get something a bit more specific to the launch itself.

Thanks again,
Rob N1RGR

Status
Not open for further replies.