commercial vehicle enforcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickfox84

where can I find the freq for commercial vehicle enforcement in and around the st louis and st charles area

stlouisx50

where can I find the freq for commercial vehicle enforcement in and around the st louis and st charles area

Glad you asked this and I have just the answer for you.

As I stated in another post, I have bad news for you. They do use MSHP frequencies and their id's are the W units.

However the bad news is, according to a dispatch I heard when a trooper inquired the same question you did, is that they rarely use the radio and majority of the time use the Computer System for majority of their traffic stops.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Same here. I've not heard them in ages.
I did hear a trooper calling in with a request for them though not long ago. I think he was on 270 somewhere with a rig stopped and he was suspicious of something. I was at work though so I was not able too monitor any longer and never did figure out what sparked his suspicion or what it was about.

On another kind of related matter, do the weight stations still communicate back to troop headquarters on low band (or any band) these days?
I can't say I've heard any of them talking in a really long time.
I'd guess they use computer connections also these days for most everything. Are the guys in the weigh stations the same guys that travel around with the portable scales?

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Come to think about it; I haven't heard the Steele or Caruthersville scale stations in ages.

Yep, it's been so long that I don't even remember the designators they used!
I could pickup the scales near St. Louis on I-55, I-70 near the intersection of I-64 and I-70 and a scale out in St. Clair on I-44.
They used ID's like ''C4 West or C4 East" from what I recall.
The letter and number were different of course for each station.
I used to have a list that showed their radio designators and locations on a statewide map but I'll be darn if I can find it anymore.

Next time I go by one, I'll look and see if the old low band antenna is still on the property. They also had CB antennas back in the day.

I remember one along I-55 (I think) was blown up and I also recall that a ticked off trucker drove his rig right through another (it was unstaffed at the time)! I think that was also on I-55 and may have been the same one they blew up before or after it was rebuilt!
That was years ago though when the scale buildings were just little shacks barely big enough to hide a patrol car behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.