Commnet -- skip

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainetrunk

Around 5 pm today, I got a p25 cc on 851.6875 on my uniden 15x.. I know that freq is supposed to be analog for vehicle repeaters.. I believe.. So I tuned the pro 197 and the decoder was going between conv and trunk.. It was giving me 5 bars.. I hit the att button, and still got 5 bars.. I hit store, and it went in as conventional. Then. Augusta starts talking to a unit.. 851.6875 Mac 077.. Tuned many times. Then, it faded away.. And I'm down here in York's backyard... How could I get zone 2,, on 800??

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
I've heard units calling into SP Augusta all evening on Zone 1A and im in Cornish...Maybee graydispatch is down?

w2xq

Mentor
Consider that you may have encountered temperature inversion and ducting. Inversion is very common this time of year--warm days and cool nights--and it is especially good along/over water.

This live map is for 144 MHz propagation; at least it will give you an idea of what is going on. The map is "live" using the last hour's APRS activity: VHF Propagation Map

Last week I was in Cape May. For three evenings ducting up the Delaware Bay toward Philadelphia enabled me to use 440 Mhz repeaters more than 55 miles away. I was full quieting using my Yaesu VX6-R HT, 5 watts, with a Diamond whip antenna (about twice the size of the stock rubber duck)

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

KG4KHQ

Premium Subscriber
Gray RCC closed

I'm thinking I read in another source somewhere (Scan New England maybe) that the Gray RCC was closing and would be consolidated into Augusta.

w2xq

Mentor
I wouldn't think so. Is the receiver wonky if strong signals overload the front end? Images? Spurs?

I was just suggesting that ducting can dramatically increase the reception distance and deliver strong signals. The map, given similar weather conditions and about the same time of day may offer clues.

BlackSheepDue

Zone 1 is now dispatched by augusta RCC. Gray is OOS. Doesn’t explain your 800mhz story but that is why you hear zone 1 units now calling Augusta and not Gray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nhfirefighter

851.6875 one of their mobile repeater frequencies, there is no requirement for it to be analog. It sounds like you had a cruiser nearby.

The national 8-call and 8-tac frequencies are supposed to analog per NIFOG using the national CTCSS of 156.7, but that is if they are using them in the intended national mutual aid scenario. This isn't always the case, for example 155.475/156.7 is nationwide law enforcement, however it is also used as statewide car to car in NH so it can be heard with a CTCSS of 136.6 as well.

As other posters have commented Gray RCC is now closed and all communications are through Augusta RCC. Even-though units still operate on Zone 1 they refer to dispatch as "Augusta" instead of "Gray".

ecps92

$077 was the Common NAC for MSComNet in the original roll-out, then moving to a unique NAC for each Site/Zone.

And you are correct, there is not Analog requirement for the Pac/RT's
851.6875 one of their mobile repeater frequencies, there is no requirement for it to be analog. It sounds like you had a cruiser nearby.

The national 8-call and 8-tac frequencies are supposed to analog per NIFOG using the national CTCSS of 156.7, but that is if they are using them in the intended national mutual aid scenario. This isn't always the case, for example 155.475/156.7 is nationwide law enforcement, however it is also used as statewide car to car in NH so it can be heard with a CTCSS of 136.6 as well.

As other posters have commented Gray RCC is now closed and all communications are through Augusta RCC. Even-though units still operate on Zone 1 they refer to dispatch as "Augusta" instead of "Gray".

mainetrunk

Ok, that makes sense.. Closing.. Wow, that freaked me out.. I. Just heard gray call to 211 on the waterboro site. I'd 711.. Now, Augusta called unit 730, same I'd, and site.. Ok. Thanks guys..

Status
Not open for further replies.