Common Standard for TG and RID storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Something I'd like to see is a common standard for the storage of talkgroup and RID information - so that numerous applications could use the same data sets.

I'm considering setting up a server where folks could host their data, and upon "fire up" of your application it could download the data and also be uploaded and changed on demand.

Right now I use:

Trunker
Etrunker
Unitrunker
TrunkPCR

all store their data separately.

jpryor

Let's add Pro96Com and ID Tracker to the list. This is an excellent goal to develop a standard data format, or at least a standardized method to exchange data between platforms. Is your intention to host this data in a pseudo real time environment (so others can see live system activity)? How would different annotations from multiple users for the same ID be handled, etc? Right now I'm forced to share data between different sources via programmatic and other database type manipulations. It's pretty much a manual process, and it would be great if everything could talk to each other. Plus it would be great if any program could easily download all of this data from any new system from the server, essentially like database downloads on the fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.