Common state wide frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBMTS

Absolutely. But what you'll hear from Bainbridge Is might be different than what I will hear in eastern King county.

From the eastern Redmond area, I can hear some activity from repeaters on the 800 national interop channels (866-868). I keep the lower channels programmed in for when "Rebanding" occurs. Currently there is still commercial activity on the 851-853 frequencies so avoid those. LERN, NLETC, MARS are all very active in King County. In fact, NLETC is used to send warning messages to county agencies in the same format as the NWS (sounds like the same alert and coding). I also keep 153.830 active as it is sometimes used for FD mutual aid coordination. King county can patch their 800 TG's into that frequency for communications to agencies to the east that are not on their system.

I would keep an ear open on the "state ops" 800 channels as well. They are used out here by local agencies (such as FD's for fireground). But they are direct simplex only so you have to be close to them.

I have not heard any activity on the VHF, UHF, or 700 Interop channels let. They are in my receiver but I have never monitored any traffic yet. That could change with the narrowbanding mandate so I wouldn't discount them yet.

Hope this helps you.

Randy

RBMTS

I forgot to mention to listen up on OSSCR 156.135. I often hear direct activity on this frequency as well.

If you can monitor the King County TRS system, there are two TG's that have MARS and LERN patched to them. The reception coverage of these frequencies is obviously much better than what you'd hear directly.

Happy Monitoring!

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
I get he same thing on my end, in Snohomish County the common State wide stuff is in use, I don't get anything on 700 MHz yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.