Commonwealth of MASS phase 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdeveau2010

hi, I just relocated to tewksbury mass, from CT, I am using a Whistler TRX-1 and have been trying to listen to the commonweath of mass system, I load the system by using the library on the software and it works, but will not stop scanning, I see the S flash and I have 5 bars but it will not decode the signal, I have all the updates done ( library and radio ), but no joy, is there something I am missing or do you think the trx-1 has issues with Phase 2 ?? any one have a trx-1 and if you do can you tell me any settings I may have missed?

Thanks

Paul

pdeveau2010

Phase 2 and commonwealth of mass

hi, I just relocated to tewksbury mass, from CT, I am using a Whistler TRX-1 and have been trying to listen to the commonweath of mass system, I load the system by using the library on the software and it works, but will not stop scanning, I see the S flash and I have 5 bars but it will not decode the signal, I have all the updates done ( library and radio ), but no joy, is there something I am missing or do you think the trx-1 has issues with Phase 2 ?? any one have a trx-1 and if you do can you tell me any settings I may have missed?

Thanks

Paul

Dave2582

Curr: Hudson, NH Lived: Tewksbury/Billerica MA

Thanks

Paul
Hi Paul, you may not be close enough to hear that system. I believe you need to be closer to the metro area to hear that system. You need to load up zone 5 of the state police trunking system. I used to live in Tewksbury myself.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Ed6698

With EZScan the Trunked Radio Systems tab, Site Details, highlight a Site, then in Site Options, Trunking Tables make sure it is set to Auto Fill . I have read sometimes importing PII stuff does not have this option set to Auto Fill.

Or you might be suffering LSM distortion.

garys

Premium Subscriber
There is very little Phase 2 traffic on the system. As the other poster notes, it's unlikely that you will hear it in Tewksbury. The 700 Mhz system is an overlay that covers the greater Boston area, but does not include MSP traffic. You'll hear mostly public works, park rangers, parking enforcement, and similar traffic if you get within range. There are a couple of Law Enforcement Phase 2 talk groups, but with only one exception that I can think of they are encrypted. Boston Fire Department has a couple of encrypted talk groups as well.

The 800 digital system is used only in the western part of the state, Springfield and beyond. So you aren't going to hear that in Tewksbury.

OceanNora

From the Winthrop area, you should be able to pick up the 700mhz Boston Services, Cambridge, and Massport.

Status
Not open for further replies.