• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CommScope discontinuing the DB201

Status
Not open for further replies.

dapaq2

Thought some of you may like to know this...

CommScope has posted on their website that on June 1st 2017 they are discontinuing their DB201-L, DB201-M, and DB201-N antennas, but still offering their DB201-P. There are several other antenna models in addition to the DB201's that they are going to discontinue on June 1st.

Doug

Being Discontinued:
DB201-L

DB201-M

DB201-N

Remains in production:
DB201-P

Additional antennas to be discontinued:
DB436-A

DB616E-BC

DB264-A

DB228-A

And there are several more to be discontinued in other frequency bands...

n4dbm

Hi Doug,
They were bound to discontinue these at some time. I was disappointed to see it. I am a big fan of the DB-201 antennas, especially the low-band models that can be easily adapted to 6 meters. I travel around a lot, and every time I see one on an old fire tower or pole with the coax rotting off, I ask if I can have it, and most of the time, I'm told "yes." I have a quite a collection of DB-201 antennas. Some I have cut for 2 meters and one for 220 MHz. Obviously the unity gain factor turns a lot of people off.. BUT.. consider this, a 20 foot long DB-224 only has 6.. SIX dB of gain over the DB-201.. that's not even an "S" unit on most ham rigs and certainly not worth the extra wind load. The DB-201 is essentially "fail proof" in that is has no joints to go bad and no phasing harness to break.. It's the best thing in the world to mount at a remote repeater spot where dependability and reliability is worth much more than a few extra dB of gain.

It will always be a favorite of mine.

N4DBM.

Status
Not open for further replies.