• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Communication problem CP125 UHF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi so I work for a small security firm about 15 guys and we used to run Motorola Motorola xtn xv2100 VHF with no problems but we only had about 6 of them. This year I was able to get my hands on 18 CP125 UHF just needed new batteries. We got the battery’s and I went ahead and had the radios programs just 1 Channel for us to talk and 1 Channel that lets us talk to the parking lot people. This week when using them I have noticed a lot of missed communications from one officer to another when I am standing close to someone else I can hear the person responding to my question but it is over another officer radio or the base radio in our office. It also does not have to do with distance since it happens when we standing 15-20FT away. But I do know when we are at other ends of the property and they communicate it works were the other ones would not even work. I have also attached a photo of the area in yellow its big but not huge but we have a lot of woods.

I wanted to know if anyone has any ideas if this is something I need to bring back to the programmer or something we are doing or can fix.

Attachments

• VOF Land.jpg
    VOF Land.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 269

FKimble

Do you have this problem with all the radios or just some of the radios. Do some testing, you may have a programing error or you may have a bad radio or two.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
They're probably out of alignment. Frankly I would have NEVER recommended buying THAT model of radio. Speaking as a bench service technician, I can say that I was anything BUT impressed by either the CP125 or CP185. In fact I would not recommend any model starting with CP if it is used.

They're probably out of alignment. Frankly I would have NEVER recommended buying THAT model of radio. Speaking as a bench service technician, I can say that I was anything BUT impressed by either the CP125 or CP185. In fact I would not recommend any model starting with CP if it is used.

LOL trust me not my 1st pick but since they were free and we needed 16 radios STAT I was not going to say no.

Now with the alignment is there a way I can test * not repair * and or how do I find a nice company to go to and what would I be talking price?

Like I said we had the other Motorola and I like them but the Operation owner needed them back and that left us with no radios and we need them. with a MIN of 10 on the floor at all times busy time 14-16.

Status
Not open for further replies.