Communications Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kel

What ever happened to the store in Ann Arbor?I uses to buy a lot of radios from them,I see there website is gone,Kel from up north.

Hooligan

Google Earth shows their "Emergency Operations Center" still there at 254 S Wagner Road, Ann Arbor per Street View, though the proprietor, Ken Ascher/WB8LIT, should be around retirement age now. He was hmmm... quite the interesting character & businessman, so it's certainly possible he'll keep trying to make $$ for as long as he can. He was happy to sell scanners to anyone & everyone, but at the same time, he'd run ads for other products (I forget what) in certain publications showing criminals using scanners, and admonishing agencies to buy encryption devices or whatever to prevent those pesky scanner people from eavesdropping!

Call the # listed for the business & you get voice-mail saying to leave a "...detailed, unclassified message" which I found to be very entertaining, but also part of a fairly well-cultivated aura of mystery & intrigue that he enjoyed back when I was acquainted with him several decades ago.

He's also listed as being a telecommunications clerk for US Dept of Health & Human Services in Ann Arbor -- a job which I don't think he'd have if he was still CEO of Communications Electronics Inc. & the business was still very active.

Status
Not open for further replies.