Communications with neighboring states

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkpair

In an era that seems to be pushing interoperability, I find it a little odd that in the 30+ years of monitoring public safety, I never hear communications between Kansas and Missouri agencies.
In fact, I can't recall ever hearing anything between the two states.
It's almost as if Missouri were an island. I would think this would be more noticeable between Missouri and Illinois, where the Mississippi river is a natural obstacle for crime to cross, but doesn't explain the lack of communications from Kansas City southward.

Occasionally, I do hear some point-to-point communications between the northern Missouri counties and southern Iowa counties.

Any thoughts?

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
illinois state police district 11 uses 155.37 with st louis all the time. also quincy/adams county uses with missouri county across the river. police units may use 155.475 MOLEEN/ISPERN to talk to others across borders as needed

wb0wao

Our local PD (Cape Girardeau) has 155.475 and I have heard them talk to Alexander CO Illinois SO units a couple of times - normally when ACSO is chasing someone and they are headed in this direction. Also on a couple of occasions, I have heard some inter-state traffic on 155.370 between Cape Girardeau CO SO and Union/Alexander SO's.
Dennis

kb0rpj

Feed Provider
kc metro

in the kc metro most agenices on both sides of the stateline use MERS (metro emergency radio system) repeater for inter agency.

zzdiesel

Our local PD (Cape Girardeau) has 155.475 and I have heard them talk to Alexander CO Illinois SO units a couple of times - normally when ACSO is chasing someone and they are headed in this direction. Also on a couple of occasions, I have heard some inter-state traffic on 155.370 between Cape Girardeau CO SO and Union/Alexander SO's.
Dennis
155.475 is supposed to be for "Mutal Aid" nationwide.

Status
Not open for further replies.