Community Hospital Helicopter Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what frequency is used when a helicopter is en route to Community Hospital in Munster (Lake County)?

I know they use IHERN (Ambulance-to-Hospital), but that seems to be only for ambulances.

Is there some statewide one like IHERN? I know IHERN is used statewide by hospitals, so I was wondering if their was also a Helicopter-to-Hospital statewide frequency. If there isn't, does anyone know the local one?

I know that the University of Chicago and Superior Ambulance service fly in there. I have listened to both of their frequencies and haven't heard anything.

Thanks!

bigt512

I am not sure what frequencies the helicopters use while they are en route to community but i would listen to 153.890 which is Munster fd if they are needed and also i know that they usually talk to Gary tower on 125.600 for any aircraft in the area. You may also listen to the Lansing airport frequency of 122.700. i am not sure if that helps or not

KidClerk

Feed Provider
I can't answer your question specific to that hospital, but I do hear other helicopters talking to other hospitals on IHERN, 155.340 quite often. I would say it's a safe bet that is what they are using since it is a common frequency among all hospitals. While the helicopters do have the capability to 'dial up' a frequency, the hospitals do not, so check the RR or FCC database and you'll have a pretty good idea what they're using.

Status
Not open for further replies.