BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Compare Favs

Status
Not open for further replies.

cino

do we have any way to open sentinel twice so i can compare some favorites? I really couldn't find an easy way to do it and wondered if anyone had any suggestions

thanks

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
No, one instance of Sentinel only.

The closest thing you can do, and it is a pain to do so, is figure out which .HPD file your Favorites List is in your c:users\yourname\documents\uniden\BCDx36HP folder. You can open this file using Notepad and look at its contents. You can have multiple instances of Notepad open to inspect several Favorites Lists at a time.

You should not make changes or Save the files in Notepad however. Might mess something up.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
do we have any way to open sentinel twice so i can compare some favorites? I really couldn't find an easy way to do it and wondered if anyone had any suggestions

thanks

Not using Sentinel because that's designed as a single instance program unless you use Sentinel on two computers next to each other.

What you could do is use a program that compares files such as WinMerge or ExamDiff.

cino

Not using Sentinel because that's designed as a single instance program unless you use Sentinel on two computers next to each other.

What you could do is use a program that compares files such as WinMerge or ExamDiff.

thank you
2 computers will work for me not sure why i didn't consider that

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Just be careful that you don't get confused on making changes. You could change FL "A" on computer 1, but use computer 2 to write to your scanner, that type of thing.

Voyager

You can also export one FL to an HPE file then import it to a different file/FL then compare within the same Sentinel session. Not as easy, but possible if you only had one PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.