BCD436HP/BCD536HP: COMPARED TO BCD325P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJMNIZ

I know that the 436 has three batteries while the 325 has two, and that the 436 has more features. However does anyone know if the RF, IF, or decoder circuitry was improved in the 436?

N4DJC

I'd be interested to know myself, but I doubt there is a definitive answer.

The 436 is a bit easier to initially program with the internal database while It's a lot more complicated when digging into the features.

If I were primarily interested in analog and non simulcast P-25, the for factor of the 325 is appealing. But the battery life is pretty dismal.

tvengr

Well Known Member
The 436 is a little better with simulcast systems than the 325, but nowhere near as good as the SDS100. For non-simulcast and analog, the 325 will do an excellent job. If you want to use it in just your local area, the nationwide database is not of much use to you. You will not have any SD card issues with the 325. The 325 may not have all of the bells and whistles of the 436, but it is a workhorse of a scanner. It can also do DMR and NXDN with paid upgrades. You can carry spare charged batteries or a USB battery pack with you. You can program it with FreeSCAN. I see that you are a premium subscriber. You can download the programming from the Radio Reference database or do it manually with the software. I use Butel ARC-XT for programming my 325.

Last edited:

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
If you don't need the entire RR database stored in your scanner, I much prefere the BCD325P2, and I owned both on a couple of occasions over the years. The display is much easier to read even though it's smaller. It's easier to operate and carry.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Can you program the 325 P2 by hand, and what about it won't track DMR without the LCNs?
jimg

Status
Not open for further replies.