Icom: Compatible auto tuner for Icom IC-7300

Status
Not open for further replies.

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
As prcguy wrote here, you can do better than a G5RV. Read what he wrote carefully. But most of all send the tuner to LDG for repair. Then you’ll KNOW whether or not that was the problem. In my case it was the ENTIRE problem.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
As prcguy wrote here, you can do better than a G5RV. Read what he wrote carefully. But most of all send the tuner to LDG for repair. Then you’ll KNOW whether or not that was the problem. In my case it was the ENTIRE problem.
OK its all boxed up and ready to ship out.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
But yard is not wide enough for a full length 80 meter dipole without having to run a few feet along fence on one side like in picture.
Which is exactly how I do it. My lot is 90 feet wide. My fan dipole with 75m elements is suspended in the middle of the lot. The two elements go out to each side of the lot and then turn 90 degrees to run along the top of a wooden fence. It's not the best, but it works fine for me.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Which is exactly how I do it. My lot is 90 feet wide. My fan dipole with 75m elements is suspended in the middle of the lot. The two elements go out to each side of the lot and then turn 90 degrees to run along the top of a wooden fence. It's not the best, but it works fine for me.
I cant complain about the performance of the antenna seeing all the contacts I have made. I know its not up as high as it should be. But it was performing very well for a compromised antenna. We used to have REALLY TALL pine trees on either side of the backyard property line on my side. Those trees would have been perfect for hanging a dipole. Those trees were at least 70 feet tall and straight! Back in 2015 we had a micro burst and the biggest tree got blown over and crashed thru our fence and into the backyard neighbors yard. Everybody got wary of all the big trees in neighborhood so many families had them all cut down. Now we have less shade, more noise from highway and no way to hang a good high dipole.

Status
Not open for further replies.