Compatible Software for BC346XTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnd654

I have the "new" BC346XTC scanner, but I want to programming it using my computer. The problem is, I can't find any compatible software. I have tried FreeSCAN and bcTool, but they do not work. The BC346XTC is pretty much the same as the BC346XT, but just has different battery requirements (BC346XTC < UnidenMan4 < TWiki). It would be very useful, especially for trunking systems, if I could program the scanner from my computer. I have the USB to Serial adapter and it works perfectly with my computer.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I'm surprised Assaf hasn't responded to your thread on the FreeSCAN forums yet.

kvfalcon

Proscan doesn't work. You can use the top part of the program to click the menu, scan, hold... and it will control the scanner but you it does not recognize the scanner when you want to upload or download

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
Are you trying to upload while running the virtual control, because IIRC the scanners I have used it on will only do one or the other, not both at the same time.

If for sure it will not work, send an email to Bob Aune. I bet he would fix it since he is super helpful with support and he fixed a couple things I asked him about when I had an issue with display on a small res netbook.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Proscan doesn't work. You can use the top part of the program to click the menu, scan, hold... and it will control the scanner but you it does not recognize the scanner when you want to upload or download

It works. In the Options - General section, find the option "Bypass Scanner Type Check Download & Upload". Check that option and then you will be able to download & upload. The next version released will download & upload without checking the option.

Last edited:

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
It works. In the Options - General section, find the option "Bypass Scanner Type Check Download & Upload". Check that option and then you will be able to download & upload. The next version released will download & upload without checking the option.
Top Drawer Bob!! Your support is second to none!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.