Compile 1.7.0 on Debian Squeeze, ITPP error

Status
Not open for further replies.

warpedspeed

I am trying to compile 1.7.0 on my vehicle laptop, which runs Debian Squeeze 2.6.32 .
I can build OK with cmake, but make fails at "p25p1_check_nid.cpp:"
error: no matching function for call to ‘itpp::BCH::decode(itpp::bvec&, itpp::bvec&, itpp::bvec&)’
/usr/include/itpp/comm/bch.h:75: note: candidates are: virtual void itpp::BCH::decode(const itpp::bvec&, itpp::bvec&)
/usr/include/itpp/comm/bch.h:77: note: virtual itpp::bvec itpp::BCH::decode(const itpp::bvec&)
/usr/include/itpp/comm/bch.h:80: note: virtual void itpp::BCH::decode(const itpp::vec&, itpp::bvec&)
/usr/include/itpp/comm/bch.h:81: note: virtual itpp::bvec itpp::BCH::decode(const itpp::vec&)

libitpp-dev, libitpp-doc, libitpp6gf, and libitpp6-dbg are all installed.
What am it missing?

Does /usr/include/itpp/comm/bch.h need some tweaking?

Thanks

deboe

if you have a github account your best bet would be to add an issue to the project.
There was just a commit of the ITPP related changes today.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

deboe

After I typed this, I remembered I did build a version with ITPP support.
I build ITPP from source looking it was version itpp-4.3.1, dsd build without issues with fedora.
If you can try building the ittp from source. The version in the debian might be back leveled.
I don't know which version is needed for the newest updates in the 1.7.0 dev branch.

Just looked the squeeze version is 4.0.7-1 https://packages.debian.org/squeeze/libitpp-dev
That version looks pretty old.
The DSD readme shows that it requires atleast itpp version v4.3

warpedspeed

OK, if I have a chance to build a new ITPP today, I will give that a shot and post my results.
I have a lot of other irons in the fire today, so it may not happen for a few days.

Thanks

warpedspeed

So I found myself with a half hour to call my own today. I set off down the road to build a newer ITPP. How hard can it be?

As I found myself running out of my half hour, I was now headed down the all to familiar path to Open Source Dependency Hell. In fact there were multiple paths to the flaming wasteland of dead and dying Open Source projects.

Maybe if I have some down time some day before I die, I might try this again. For now, life is too short for this kind of wild goose chase.

Thanks for the help anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.