"Complete Hydraulic Failure"

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Just heard Alliance Air Flight TTX3996 state they had a complete hydraulic failure and needed a "lift to the hangar" after landing. Thought it was kinda neat to hear that. Never heard any airplanes report a problem before.

The SHORT SD3-60 (twin-turboprop) was flying just about above my house when he was transmitting. I picked him up full quieting, lol.

I immediately opened up Flight Radar 24 on my cellphone to track him.

Just wanted to share. I thought it was neat but I'm glad when he said, "it should be a normal flight."

SkiBob

Premium Subscriber
Aviation mechanical failures to this magnitude don't happen very often so when you happen to hear them on the scanner it's quite exciting.

You may have heard about the Delta flight from Orlando to Atlanta the other day that lost a part of the wing.
Accident: Delta B752 near Atlanta on Mar 16th 2014, dropped upper wing panel in flight

I happen to catch the pilot at the time he declared the emergency. He reported no hydraulics to the left side. I assure you he had no idea part of his wing was missing. He never mentioned it. The media never reported the hydraulic problem. They didn't mention they had to use the back up system to release the gear. Once they were able to get the gear down they had a 20 mile final approach. Nor did they mention he had no flaps and had to land fast creating hot brakes which then created another issue.

It sure was a nail biter listening from center - approach - final approach - tower - ground - fire crew ground - ramp.

The pilot on the radio was calm and professional. I am glad it all ended safely, but wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.