Complete newb question

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelarrabee

I have a AnyTone 878 and a pi-star hotspot. My hotspot is seen on the BandMeister network. I scan with my radio and never hear anything. When going to local talk groups I hear no traffic. I know the hotspot works because I have made a few contacts. When listening to a talk group shouldn't I hear the conversations?

K4EET

Chaplain
If everything is programmed correctly and you are on a busy talkgroup like “Worldwide” then yes, you should hear frequent QSOs. You may need to give us your callsign so we can see if we can hear you on a TAC channel or other less used talkgroup. What brand hotspot do you have?

joelarrabee

Thank you everyone. I have a hotspot I purchased from Amazon and now can't get into it. I'm going to factory reset and try again.

joelarrabee

Do you have those TGs set as static on your hotspot?
Where would the TG's be on a hotspot?

If everything is programmed correctly and you are on a busy talkgroup like “Worldwide” then yes, you should hear frequent QSOs. You may need to give us your callsign so we can see if we can hear you on a TAC channel or other less used talkgroup. What brand hotspot do you have?
I have a MMDVM hotspot made by Aursinc. I will try a Worldwide TG and see if I hear any traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.