Attachments

• Simulcast A.jpg
    Simulcast A.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 246
  • Simulcast A Sites.jpg
    Simulcast A Sites.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 228

jheitman

Wow is that easy. I spent a hour weeks ago looking up each site and plotting it on a map by hand. This service is fantastic. Thanks so much.

rwier

Click on the "Site FCC Licenses" links, and it will give you a map of all the sites for Simulcast G.

Simulcast G: West Valley Site Details (Regional Wireless Cooperative (RWC))

Be aware that the closest site may not be the best site to aim at...... :)

John
Peoria

"Be aware that the closest site may not be the best site to aim at."

Just want to back up that phrase with real experience. I don't "AIM", but I do delete, avoid, ignore, etc., sites that are often amongst the nearest. This practice has been instrumental in my scanning success/pleasure.

I am near I-17 and Greenway. Back in the day, I listened to nearly NOTHING AT ALL for months using just the North Mountain Site. Now, with multiple scanners, and multiple FLs, ScanLists, etc., I hear everything I want, and none (or nearly none) are from North Mountain.

It was a shocker, but once I got past the mental hangup, I've never looked back (until now, lol).

SCPD

QRT
Wow, great maps and information! Thanks for your hard work.

Yes, incredibly useful. Before I got information from this map I had a very hard time picking up the RWC from relatives homes in the north valley. I had some problems using Thompson Peak, even though I could see the antennas on top of the peak from one family member's front porch. I then found a low level site that was nearby and ever since the RWC booms in without any simulcast problems. In fact, my trip south for Christmas was greatly enhanced by info I got on this site. I don't think I could have understood the RWC any other way.

I've received a lot of great information from people on the Arizona forum since I moved back to Arizona about a year and a half ago. I wish I could give back a little more, but I'm just new at this.

Status
Not open for further replies.