computer advice and sdruno

Status
Not open for further replies.

2e0wes

hi, i am planning building a gaming pc for my sdr setup, but my question is, i run a sdrplay rsp dx mainly for L band and run it through 5 vb audio cables and feed it to tekmanoid, but what im wanting to do is also run a sdrplay rsp1a connected to another sat for L band another 5 vb cables, and feed into tekmanoid again, so effectively i would be monitoring two satellites, and 10 frequencies at once with one pc. is this possible, would i need an external sound card? or partition the hard drive? i have no clue. the pc will be ryzen 7, 3800x cpu and a msi B450 tomahawk motherboard and msi geforce gtx 1660ti graphics, and also 16GB of ddr4 ram. advise welcomed.

morfis

Haven't a clue about the computing hardware you mention but I use far more decoders than that on a fairly old and basic i7.
In my case using VAC not VBCable but I don't know if there would be a significant difference in resource requirement beteeen the two virtual audio cable providers.
No extra soundcards or partitions.

What advantages are there to monitoring five STD-C channels on each of two satellites?

Intrigued.....If you primarily use your sdrplay for GHz why did you spend the extra beans on the dx?

2e0wes

they all receive different messages, from different senders, on 54w there are 5 tdm channels and 1 ncs, and on 98w there a 6 tdm and 1 ncs,

morfis

they all receive different messages, from different senders, on 54w there are 5 tdm channels and 1 ncs, and on 98w there a 6 tdm and 1 ncs,

The one time I did do that I saw a lot of duplication and primarily messages of no real interest as it wasn't local enough to present other meaningful monitoring opportunities. Maybe it'sd time to take another look!

Status
Not open for further replies.