Computer Based Radio & Scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE0SKN

KE0SKN - Member
Premium Subscriber
I use two monitors on one computer. My radio is a Motorola Radius M1225 modified and wired to my computer for programing new frequencies and for computer scanning.

Last edited:

af5rn

kc0vgj said:
I use two monitors on one computer. My radio is a Motorola Radius M1225 modified and wired to my computer for programing new frequencies and for computer scanning.
Huh? Can you explain this a little more for me? Can't say I am familiar with this type of thing.

KE0SKN

KE0SKN - Member
Premium Subscriber
Sorry... ok. I Have have a dell computer and two monitor cards. I use two monitors for my one computer. One monitor is for my Motorola software and the other is for suffing and b.s.ing. I can change frequencies on my radio through the computer and scan through my radio too. I also have a scanner card modified by a freind. It scans from 000.001Mhz to 2g.
no blocks, Its cool to scan a wide band it does am,SSB,CW,Dig. I use my computer also to control my BCD396T scanner radio.

RESCUE4NFD

I have a DELL with and use 2 Screens,I like being able to do 2 things on 1 computer.I have 1 screen for Dallas Police or Dallas Fire/Rescue CAD Active Incidents and use the other screen for everything else.

hoser147

kc0vgj said:
Sorry... ok. I Have have a dell computer and two monitor cards. I use two monitors for my one computer. One monitor is for my Motorola software and the other is for suffing and b.s.ing. I can change frequencies on my radio through the computer and scan through my radio too. I also have a scanner card modified by a freind. It scans from 000.001Mhz to 2g.
no blocks, Its cool to scan a wide band it does am,SSB,CW,Dig. I use my computer also to control my BCD396T scanner radio.

Thanks for enlightening on your system, very interesting....................Hoser

n8emr

Multi monitors are great, I run 5 monitors on my office computer. Nothing like lots of screen room.

paramedszaf

Is there anyway you our your friend can elaborate on how to do this. I have two M1225's and 2 CDM's I can play with...

Status
Not open for further replies.