computer doesnt recognize scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gar45

Premium Subscriber
ok. So I have purchased another usb cable for the scanner. I was able to update the DSP firmware but when I try to update the CPU firmware,the computer doesnt detect the scanner. I followed the prompts telling me to turn off the scanner and press menu while plugging in the cable. But when I click the check for updates button I get that message. Any help is appreciated.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Are you using to correct firmware? For instance, you cannot load the RadioShack firmware into the GRE branded radios.

Sent via Tapatalk

Gar45

Premium Subscriber
yes, krokus, I have the correct firmware. Puzzleriddle, I will give that a try. Thanks.

Gar45

Premium Subscriber
well installing the port drivers didnt help either. I am at a loss for what to do next.

Swipesy

well installing the port drivers didnt help either. I am at a loss for what to do next.

I don't know if this will help or not. You should always update the CPU first and then the DSP. Try installing the DSP for the CPU version you have installed. Then try the new CPU version and see if it works. It is odd you can update DSP and not CPU. Same cable.

Gar45

Premium Subscriber
when I check version I get the following: boot ver: F1.0 App1 U1.8 are these the latest? Also the screen reads CPU SW upgrade: waiting for USB...my laptop recognizes the sd card but the software for GRE doesnt see the scanner on any port.

KW4HKY

when I check version I get the following: boot ver: F1.0 App1 U1.8 are these the latest? Also the screen reads CPU SW upgrade: waiting for USB...my laptop recognizes the sd card but the software for GRE doesnt see the scanner on any port.
You need to go to the above link and download the correct driver. After that you need to go to program manager and make sure you choose the correct number usb port on the scanner software

Gar45

Premium Subscriber
You need to go to the above link and download the correct driver. After that you need to go to program manager and make sure you choose the correct number usb port on the scanner software

I downloaded from the link you posted. Then I went to device manager and tried to update the drivers for the scanner but it said it couldn't find them. I had the computer search in the area they were downloaded to and it still says the same thing. This is a losing battle. ;(

dleland

Premium Subscriber
I may of missed it, but what's the model of your scanner and what is the OS on the computer? Are you using RS232 or USB?

W1JCW

USB Driver PSR 800

I'm trying to get my scanner software working on a new LT. It wont recognize the USB cable / device. I've downloaded the CDM V2.10 driver and no luck.

I've moved it around on usb ports but it just shows up as Unknown.

Virtual COM Port Drivers

Any ideas ??

Running Win 7 64

Gar45

Premium Subscriber
My scanner is the psr-800 and I have windows 8.I also tried the scanner with a windows 7 machine and I had the same problem. Funny how this didnt happen til GRECOM went out of business:(.

W1JCW

Yes all drivers are up to date. Usually I can search around and find the driver and update the unknown device but not this time.

There must be a driver or something out there as I know others have the same issue.

I have the program loaded on my another PC with win xp 32 and it works fine.

ScannerSK

W1JCW portion of the this thread

I'm trying to get my scanner software working on a new LT. It wont recognize the USB cable / device. I've downloaded the CDM V2.10 driver and no luck.... Running Win 7 64

I noticed at the bottom of the GRE Download Website <http://www.greamerica.com/support/> there are two USB PC/IF Datacable 30-290 Drivers. I’m not sure if they would help in your situation or not?

By “new LT” are you referring to a GRE PSR-800 scanner?

Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.