Computer for MTSX RSS R06.04.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakerland

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,

This is my first post, so be nice. Ive been reading for months, but finally decided to ask a question.

I also hope this is in the right field

I have an IBM computer with windows 2000. I believe that my MTSX RSS should work in that computer. I have the software saved on my C drive and try to install, it starts to install and then tells me that I need 3 MB of Extended memory.

CPS installed just fine, but I have the wrong radio :(

I have a MT 2000 I am trying to program

I dont have the specifics of my computer with me, but if I need to I can pull info off of it.

Basically my question is if I can format the system to enable the extended memory. Or should I buy a new (old) laptop.

If I went and got a windows 95 laptop that boots into DOS would that be easier? Also, what system requirements should I look at? Will a diferent computer with diferent RAM and memory have extended memory already set up so I can install my RSS?

Any help is appreicated, I havent found a solution that makes sense to me yet.

Thanks,

Ryan

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Motorola DOS based software is designed to operate strictly on a DOS based machine. Yes, you can operate it on a semi fast machine in a DOS window or booted to DOS, but it likes to run best on the slowest machine you can find. All of my DOS based sw is on a P75 that has DOS 7.0 on it. That's it. DOS 7.0 and Motorola software is the only thing on that machine and it preforms flawlessly. CPS seems to love P4 machines.

rakerland

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for your response. I finally found how to enable extended memory.

It looks like I will have to get a new computer. One that boots into DOS. I think I was reading the wrong information about my MT2000 and was reading it as a MTS2000.

I did just order a used MTS2000 which I have CPS for and can use it in windows.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.