BCD396T/BC996T: Computer Interference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanhopkins

I am having a weird problem thats driving me nuts, I provide a feed using a 396T and I notice when I hook the audio cable into the scanner and computer that the transmissions the scanner receives drops by like 75% when I unplug the audio cable the scanner starts receiving all traffic again. What can be causing this?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
RF conducted up the audio cable desensing the scanner. You could try putting a RF choke on the audio cable to see if that helps.

JamesO

Might be desense, but it also may be a ground loop problem.

Try connecting just the shield of the audio cable and see what happens.

Does the signal strength meter increase or decrease?

Might try something like this - https://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PLGI35T...8-1&keywords=1/8"+stereo+ground+loop+isolator

Also what happens if the radio is running on batteries and is isolated from a AC power adapter?

Might have multiple loops/problems?

scanhopkins

I tried it all and it still did not work, I hooked up my XT models and still the same problem. I hooked a Pro-668 up and it now works perfect. Thanks for the advice. I would rather not have my 668 dedicated to a feed but it works

Last edited:

JamesO

Might be that you require an audio ground loop isolator as I mentioned. Uniden has stereo audio connections and uses some a different audio amplifier design than many other vendors. I think they use a different audio amplifier design than the GRE/Whistler models.

Status
Not open for further replies.