Computer Monitor Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3bxv

My LCD also generated a lot of noise until I played with the refresh rate and found one that didn't seem to produce as much noise.

brandon

Database Admin
I've had 2 different ViewSonic LCD monitors near the radios and none of them made noise.

Routers have been my biggest noise culprit. Only solution was to move it far away and have everything on wireless.

Dorpmuller

My issue is not my CRT monitor-that's fine-but my POS Speedtouch DSL modem spits out so much sh*t that it makes the radios useless.

Rich

R

Rayjk110

My terayon router for where the ISP enters my house is in my personal server rack, and it still generates noise. If I go to my basement radio desk by my server rack, I can forget about Apco25 digital on my XTS3k/5k, or the digital scanners. Just seperate the router from the radio.

I actually moved one of my repeaters from the basement to the attic because of so much crap from the router, and this was with heliax coax, too.

Luis_C

n3bxv said:
My LCD also generated a lot of noise until I played with the refresh rate and found one that didn't seem to produce as much noise.

Same here, isn't that bad now, thought LCD never that bad like CRT, I was scanning at about 2 meters of the CRT monitor of a friend, and the scanner was unusable. I wonder what component of the LCD causes the noise.

My router creates a lot of noise even if wireless is disabled. :(

Napalm

Premium Subscriber
My LCD has recently given me a load of noise around 280MHz. Switch the monitor off, the noise goes.

Then again the scanner was directly under the monitor :)

Status
Not open for further replies.