Computer not seeing my 996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnoland

Premium Subscriber
My desk top is just over a year old with the newest version of windows on it. It works fine with my scanner. I tried to hook up my Toughbook that runs windows XP (version 3 I think) and it would not link up with the 996xt. I couldn't control it or upload programming from freescan using it. Is it because of Windows XP?? If not what else could be my issue? I tired using it with the serial connector and with the conversion letting me use USB. With just the serial it did nothing. When I hooked up the USB adapter it saw it but did not see the scanner. Is there anything I can do or am I going to have upgrade from XP? Thanks

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Take a look at Device Manager - I suspect you might have some COM port conflicts. You might have something else taking up the port(s) you think are available. This is usually a good place to start.

You can read up a bit about how to get to Device Manager here...(anything in blue is a link)

Connecting scanners via USB - The RadioReference Wiki

I use FreeScan on an older XP SP3 desktop with nary a problem via a serial connection...Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.