• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Computer Power Supply's

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4CYA

kay guys & ladies, computer power supply question! Im gonna be upgrading my gaming desktop, with a bigger power supply. But which company do I need to look into? Im looking over on NewEgg and I found some wicked looking ones by Apevia (Aspire) which color should I get? My gaming desktop is a silver case with blue lighting infront on the sides left and right, and see through left panel that has a blue light fan. I was thinking of getting this one --->
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817148012

Or maybe get this one since it has the blue cable hook up's
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817148022

I would say that one ^^ because I have a blue l/e/d fan and blue l/e/d on the sides of my front panel on the cpu

nexus

680 watts.. damn.. Well the second one does look really cool. I think its just a matter of preference. Either one of them should serve your needs.

morfis

Do the lights in the case help your gaming?

The comments about the first supply being non-standard fitment would bother me a bit...drilling PC cases really means having them completely empty and I prefer not to keep moving the internals of them unless I have to.

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
Man I like that cabling setup "Plug in only the cables you need".
Now that's progress... oh yeah, the led's are cool too!

ImTheWeasel

AMEN N_JAY.

Antec is truly a quality power supply.

Im actually running one of the biggest PSU's out right now.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/3225/psu-176/PC_Power_and_Cooling_Turbo-Cool_1KW_-_1000_Watt_-_QUAD_SLI_Ready_Power_Supply_TC1KW4E.html?tl=g11c26s87

I've built high-end gaming systems for people all over. And regularly attend quakecon.

For realiability you cant beat an Antec. The HIPER series is nice. Ive heard good things in regards to them.

I avoid ULTRA after many problems with them. And as for PSU lights. Its all useless really. Get a couple cold cathodes and put them in your case (provided youve got a clear sidepanel).

Also, when it comes to information regarding things of this nature. check out Http://www.anandtech.com and http://www.hardocp.com Forums. You can find answers to anything pc related on HardOCP and some things non-pc related. Anandtech always has great reviews of pc products.

Hope this helps!

wyldman

I agree,looks don't mean squat.Antec is one of the best out there.Cheap (not just $$$ wise) power supplies don't last,and can do damage to other PC components if they fail.

NightFox

Don't get a cheap powersupply. I did on my pc and will never do it again. Mine caught on fire and would have burned down my house had we not been home and my wife seeing it shooting flames and sparks. Antec is one of the best brands on the market, atm, and I recommend getting something that you can trust.

MarkWestin

All six of my PCs have Antec Cases and Power Supplies. The newest/fastest machine has the True Power Blue 480 Watt P/S. If I were to buy another one, I would buy the True Power Blue II 480 W power supply, because it has a 120mm fan. I have never had a problem with any of them. They have my highest recommendation.

Mark

N4CYA

Hey Guys,
I just sold my computer yesterday a young couple just married bought it and they fell in loved with it. I found another gaming desktop, Black Case with a see through panel, on the side it has a multi-colored light fan, same with on top. It has a pink light on the bottom by itself. and it has color lights around the sides of the front panel. It has a Amd Athlon 64 4400+ dual core processor. Nvidia 6800xt video card, gaming surround sound speakers. Windows Xp Pro with service pack 2. Comes with speakers, the cpu and keyboard. the guy wants $400 bucks for it he said he has almost $800 bucks tied up in it. He's gonna work with me since he knows I want it and he's a very recommendable computer technician and he owns a computer store. He's very knowledgeable and everyone that knows him recommends him.

Git-R-Done said:
Hey Guys,
I just sold my computer yesterday a young couple just married bought it and they fell in loved with it. I found another gaming desktop, Black Case with a see through panel, on the side it has a multi-colored light fan, same with on top. It has a pink light on the bottom by itself. and it has color lights around the sides of the front panel. It has a Amd Athlon 64 4400+ dual core processor. Nvidia 6800xt video card, gaming surround sound speakers. Windows Xp Pro with service pack 2. Comes with speakers, the cpu and keyboard. the guy wants $400 bucks for it he said he has almost $800 bucks tied up in it. He's gonna work with me since he knows I want it and he's a very recommendable computer technician and he owns a computer store. He's very knowledgeable and everyone that knows him recommends him.
Why not build your own. It's really quite easy.

NightFox

Because you can't build a pc to those spec's for under $400, let alone $800. Congrats on the new purchase. I'm sure that it will make ya happy.

N4CYA

Like what Nightfox said, you cant build a gaming system under $400 bucks. I can build me one but I dont really have the time to buy everything that is needed for it. So I'll just buy a complete gaming desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.