BC125AT: Computer Programming Cable for BC125AT

SatHunter

I recently bought a Uniden BC125AT open box online. It has the radio, antenna and batteries. No instructions or programming cable to set up the scanner on a PC. My question is can I use a conventional USB cable with the Uniden software for this purpose or does this radio require a special cable. I can't find a clearcut answer online.
It's a great little radio, I don't want to mess anything up.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
In the above link...
Being that it says it works with the X36's and the SDS's... I'd say it's a standard USB cable...
Yes it is a standard cable. I can't remember if it's Micro USB or Mini USB but it is a standard cable. I wouldn't pay the Scanner Master price. I recently bought a 10-ft cable for my SDS100, and a good quality one at that, for $6 on Amazon. I had purchased the 6 ft version about three or four years ago and it's still is a perfectly fine and usable cable. I've just got a problem with the USB port on my radio now, I don't see good, and I wanted to be sure it wasn't the cable. I don't even have time to fool with it currently. But I am going to be searching for answers to fixing the "widened out" SDS100 USB port before long. But you can find a much better price than $20 for a great BC125AT cable real easily.

Brian
COMMSCAN

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
I just used that as a reference... Since it showed the scanners it works with... I wouldn't pay that price for a cable either...
Last cables I bought were Mono Price from Amazon...

From what I can see in pictures of the unit... It looks like it is a Mini USB...

Last edited:

Scan125

My question is can I use a conventional USB cable with the Uniden software for this purpose or does this radio require a special cable. I can't find a clearcut answer online.
It's a great little radio, I don't want to mess anything up.

On the UBC125XLT and UBC75XL you can use a stander USB cable.

I believe it is the same for the B125AT and has been confirmed by others.

Generally speaking all the "special" cables I have seen are those SMART cables that convert USB to Serial for those older radios and scanners that have Serial ports.