Computers designed by people on drugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
The drugs didn't always create innovation though. According to Markoff, Engelbart took LSD as part of Stolaroff's program and found its results disappointing. All that came out of it was a floating waterwheel for toilet training that spins when urinated on. Steve Jobs, of course invented the Apple Mac.

:lol: :lol:

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Pretty funny but we who were around at the time know the story goes WAY beyond drugs. (;->)

"Another "brilliant" designer from that period was one Steve Jobs who told Markoff that "taking LSD was one of the two or three most important things he had done in his life." We are curious to know what the other two or three where."

Associations like Steve "Woz" Wozniak and John "Captain Crunch" Draper shown here with Kevin Mitnick. Eh, if you don't understand I guess it's because you don't know their backgrounds before they got into computers.

Last edited:

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Pretty funny but we who were around at the time know the story goes WAY beyond drugs. (;->)

"Another "brilliant" designer from that period was one Steve Jobs who told Markoff that "taking LSD was one of the two or three most important things he had done in his life." We are curious to know what the other two or three where."

Associations like Steve "Woz" Wozniak and John "Captain Crunch" Draper shown here with Kevin Mitnick. Eh, if you don't understand I guess it's because you don't know their backgrounds before they got into computers.

You mean it's illegal to use a Blue Box to call the Pope, use a super glue modified whistle to get free phone calls using a 2600Hz sound, and to run from the FBI? ;) Those three make for some good reading.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
You could give a person on drugs an Etch-A-Sketch and tell them it's a new hand help PC and they would believe it!

Is it me or has anyone else ever found a use for druggies, besides filling caskets?

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
datainmotion said:
Dare I ask what you dumped into Google to get this almost 5 year old gem? :lol: Was it the sub-title line in the article?
Hehe i recently found a thread on another VBB site im on and was quite interested :D

Status
Not open for further replies.