Pro-668: Computers recognizes my Pro-668, but iScan does not, help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dornier

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone,

When I connect my Pro-668 to my computer, the computer recognizes it, but iScan doesn't see the scanner at all. Any ideas?

I'm running the latest version of iScan, 2.05 and Windows 10 64bit.

Thanks,

George

rentacop

Windows 10 doesn't support the driver for possibly the USB cable that you're using I hope that answers your question

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
There are 2 drivers, one for the Micro sd card and one for the comport. In windows 10 you need to install the comport driver using the "Allow Unsigned drivers" process (google it)

ALSO with windows 10 you may have to do this with every so often as windows 10 security is know for stopping the use of unsigned drivers after updates to windows.

Consider sending your scanner to Whistler to be upgraded to a WS1080....well worth the money plus you get to use ezscan software that has not been abandoned like iscan has.

dornier

Premium Subscriber
Update. I pulled out my several year old dusty Winbook ($99) Windows 8 tablet and everything worked perfectly. The tablet was able to communicate with the Pro-668 completely and I was also able to update the firmware with no problems at all. It did take some time since the tablet is based on a slooooooow baytrail CPU. Otherwise, like you guys stated, it's a Windows 10 issue related to the drivers.

Thanks again,

George

rfking123

Premium Subscriber
PRO 668

Hi everyone,

When I connect my Pro-668 to my computer, the computer recognizes it, but iScan doesn't see the scanner at all. Any ideas?

I'm running the latest version of iScan, 2.05 and Windows 10 64bit.

Thanks,

George
Try this: Pro-668 Windows 10 instructions
1. Click on the Start Menu, Click on power, then hold the Shift key and click Restart at the same time.
2. After the PC restarts click on Troubleshoot, click on Advanced options, click Start Up Settings then click Restart.
3. After the PC restarts Press the number 7 to Disable driver signature nforcement. Windows will now load.
4. Locate the "RadioShack_PRO-668.inf” (should be on the micro sd card in the scanner) Right click on it and choose Install. You'll get a warning but go ahead and install it.
5. Plug in your scanner, right click on Start Menu, and choose Device Manager.
6. Expand "Ports (COM & LPT)" If you have more than one device here you'll have to figure out which is the scanner and then right click on it. choose Update Driver Software
7. Choose "Browse My Computer for Driver Software" then "Let me pick from a list of devices...”
8. Check the box "Show compatible hardware" Click on "RadioShack_PRO-668 Serial Device" Then click next. You should get a screen that says "Windows has successfully updated your driver software"

dornier

Premium Subscriber
Try this: Pro-668 Windows 10 instructions
1. Click on the Start Menu, Click on power, then hold the Shift key and click Restart at the same time.
2. After the PC restarts click on Troubleshoot, click on Advanced options, click Start Up Settings then click Restart.
3. After the PC restarts Press the number 7 to Disable driver signature nforcement. Windows will now load.
4. Locate the "RadioShack_PRO-668.inf” (should be on the micro sd card in the scanner) Right click on it and choose Install. You'll get a warning but go ahead and install it.
5. Plug in your scanner, right click on Start Menu, and choose Device Manager.
6. Expand "Ports (COM & LPT)" If you have more than one device here you'll have to figure out which is the scanner and then right click on it. choose Update Driver Software
7. Choose "Browse My Computer for Driver Software" then "Let me pick from a list of devices...”
8. Check the box "Show compatible hardware" Click on "RadioShack_PRO-668 Serial Device" Then click next. You should get a screen that says "Windows has successfully updated your driver software"

Thanks for the info. I tried this on my Surface Pro and it wanted my Windows 10 key that's embedded into the BIOS. I need to try this on my main PC.

Thanks again,

George

Status
Not open for further replies.