CON Fire EBRCS Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECPD279

Premium Subscriber

kma371

QRT
Nice finds guys. I updated what I could in the DB. Mainly ALCO tacs assigned to specific cities. If anyone else see anything that could be updated let me know

Eng74

So by the looks of this Con Fire is keeping their VHF channels for wildland and mutual aide. So I guess I will keep them loaded up too then. Thanks for the info, any date for the switch over to EBRCS or has it happened yet?

ECPD279

Premium Subscriber
It's in progress. Many units have made the switch, but the VHF channels are still patched and there is still plenty of traffic. It seems to be going west to east, just like most of the other agencies in the county.

E5911

Premium Subscriber
CONFIRE

Is the Intent to continue simulcasting VHF across 800? Will a outside agency have comcenter access on VHF?

Also, Is there someone out there that can direct a POC of the system to a friend of mine at Stn 25 at MOTCO. He is DOD and is looking for information.

Thanks

ECPD279

Premium Subscriber
I show VXCC C1 as 154.385 (PL 136.5) with an input freq. of 155.820 (PL 156.7). VCON TAC A is 154.385 PL136.5) simplex, so for scanner purposes they would be programmed exactly the same.

kma371

QRT
thanks to the anonymous person who sent me a spreadsheet of talkgroups for confire. more updates to come...

SYZ1165

Premium Subscriber
CONFIRE talkgroups

Hi, I have noticed that the con fire talk groups have changed on the radio reference database, now has the same changes been made to the Ez scan library database update for the PSR 800 ? How and when can I get these new updates for my PSR 800 that I have seen in the RR database

Eng74

I wouldn't say it's small. It's probably in the top 10 largest in the state population wise.

47 TG, not counting the 16 interop channels for a department with 23 stations. San Francisco has 25 TG's for fire and EMS with 44 stations, 43 engine companies, 19 trucks, 17 ambulance. I know every department is different just seems a lot for a smaller department.

kma371

QRT
47 TG, not counting the 16 interop channels for a department with 23 stations. San Francisco has 25 TG's for fire and EMS with 44 stations, 43 engine companies, 19 trucks, 17 ambulance. I know every department is different just seems a lot for a smaller department.

Well contra costa county fire protection district actually has 30 stations. Plus there are also several refineries with their own fire departments, a sugar factory with its own as well as four or five other fire protection districts in the county. Plus there are two airports with fire crews and a military base. Guess they figured better safe to have more than run with less.

Having worked there, the possibility for multi casualty incidents is very high. Will they ever use all those channels? Probably not. Is it a bad thing to have all those channels? Definitely no.

Status
Not open for further replies.