• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CON+ Non Affiliate Scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

motobot213

Ø Manager
Premium Subscriber
Hey all

Is it possible to monitor or do a non affiliate scan of a Connect Plus System with a Motorola XPR7550 or XPR6550 in UHF and 8/900 Mhz? If so how? Don't have the best knowledge in the DMR world yet. Thank You!

RayAir

Hey all

Is it possible to monitor or do a non affiliate scan of a Connect Plus System with a Motorola XPR7550 or XPR6550 in UHF and 8/900 Mhz? If so how? Don't have the best knowledge in the DMR world yet. Thank You!

Yes, but MotoTRBO radios are fairly lousy for passively monitoring a Connect Plus System.

You're limited to 16 TGs in your receive group list and you have to enter every site frequency twice, once for each slot . Except for the control channel, just program TS 2. TS 1 will be the data channel.

So if you're dealing with a decent size system with dozens of talk groups you can see this will not be a good solution.

Connect Plus systems that I monitor are 10 and 15 repeater sites. I couldn't even fit all the voice paths into 1 zone conventionally.

You can use DSD+ or maybe a new DMR scanner for better results, or maybe try a Hytera radio.

I use the PD782 which offers better results for monitoring Con+. You can program each site frequency once as a pseudo trunk channel and the radio will watch each slot (again only program TS 2 for the CC freq). You can also have a larger group rx list. I have over 40 groups in my list for a large Con+ systems.

Still, it's not perfect.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I will agree with @RayAir that its not perfect.
I use my BCD436HP with DMR upgrade and and Hytera PD782g to monitor a local 10 frequency multisite system and using just 1 tower(downtown) i often miss transmissions using the PD782.
I have all 10 frequencys programmed with pseudo trunk so its monitoring both time slots and have 4 Talk groups in each frequencys scan list. During the day when the system is busier i miss a lot of calls. Using the BCD436HP as the primary to monitor since it does well listening to the system.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Yes, but MotoTRBO radios are fairly lousy for passively monitoring a Connect Plus System.

You're limited to 16 TGs in your receive group list and you have to enter every site frequency twice, once for each slot . Except for the control channel, just program TS 2. TS 1 will be the data channel.

So if you're dealing with a decent size system with dozens of talk groups you can see this will not be a good solution.

Connect Plus systems that I monitor are 10 and 15 repeater sites. I couldn't even fit all the voice paths into 1 zone conventionally.

You can use DSD+ or maybe a new DMR scanner for better results, or maybe try a Hytera radio.

I use the PD782 which offers better results for monitoring Con+. You can program each site frequency once as a pseudo trunk channel and the radio will watch each slot (again only program TS 2 for the CC freq). You can also have a larger group rx list. I have over 40 groups in my list for a large Con+ systems.

Still, it's not perfect.

You'd hate the system I maintain. Control channels roll on a daily basis at all sites.

RayAir

You'd hate the system I maintain. Control channels roll on a daily basis at all sites.

The PD782 makes this a bit easier. You can make changes using the key pad. No need for a computer and a cable.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Best bet would be to deal with the "home" site that would be programmed in the subscriber radios. Typically this would be the default affiliate site the radio would sit on unless it roamed out of that sites range. If the talkgroup has a dispatch radio, it would probably keep that home site talkgroup active all the time, since it would not be roaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.