Condition on pager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDistai

Listening to local EMS today on a BCD996XT. An emergency call came through, and the dispatcher said something to the effect of "Condition sent to pager", assuming the condition of the patient.

Would a "pager" for EMS be something like a Unication G5? Are those "Conditions sent to pager" messages viewable by the scanning public (non EMS)? If so, how would you see them?

Thanks!

tvengr

Well Known Member
A lot of pagers display text messages. It may have been something that they didn't want to put out over the air. Like with voice, paging systems can be encrypted.

JohnDistai

If the text messages are unencrypted and sent to a pager, can anyone listening with something like a Unication G5 read them?

marksmith

It would probably be a violation of Healthcare privacy laws to put something on a page that is readable by 3rd parties, so I am sure it is an encrypted text over a closed text system.
I am certain you could not read it.

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
Often times special instructions are given over an alpha pager such as the location of a key to gain access or other special things like patient history or precautions needed.

JohnDistai

"Refer to pager for incident type" was the message I heard today. Sent by the electronic EMS voice. Are these incident type messages visible on radios like the G5?

radio3353

"Refer to pager for incident type" was the message I heard today. Sent by the electronic EMS voice. Are these incident type messages visible on radios like the G5?

The Unication pagers are voice pagers, so I would say no to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.