Coneccting an ATU to a receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

leviticus49

I have just returned to SWL'ing & scanning after a period of 20 or so years. Purchasing a JRC NRD 525G and a AOR AR 2000, I have found a few pieces of kit from the loft but I am not sure how to connect them to the NRD 525. These are a Global AT 1000 ATU and a Datong Multi-mode filter LF2.

In the case of the ATU, at the rear of the unit it has two co-axial connections and underneath these on the left side are labels E RX (a down arrow) and ANT. On the right side (down arrow) ANT EXT-ANT E with screw and washer connectors for each one. Can anyone tell me how to connect a long wire and earth to this receiver please? I'm sure the filter only works on the audio output so can sort that out. Any help would be really appreciated.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It's really tough to speculate without seeing a pic of the front and back, but I'd wager that the 'E' is an 'Earth' ('Ground' for us Yanks) connection. Is there a switch to connect more than 1 antenna? If so, then that would account for having 2 ANT connections on the right.

If any of the connections look like what is on the right side of this unit, then those are coax inputs - you would need some PL259s (shown on the left side of the unit) to make the connection. Otherwise the screw terminals would suffice - the center conductor goes to one, the braid to the other. This is a pure WAG, but seems reasonable...

You won't hurt anything by just connecting up the ATU to the receiver - give it a whirl and see what happens. HTH...Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.