• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Confirm these Freq.'s and PL's....??? Eastern LI

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsxr4000

Hi, I live on eastern Long Island, and I picked up some new channels today with my 396t. There is a good amount of static, but understandable. The freq. info is below:

154.8450....151.4 PL

155.6250....DCS565

Joseph11

154.8450 MHz R (PL 151.4 Hz) is used by Wall Township Police in Monmouth County, NJ. I've been getting stuff from LI today very strong so I wouldn't be suprised if you were getting Wall.

EDIT: 155.6250 MHz R (DPL 565) is Aberdeen Township Police in Monmouth County, NJ. Forgot about this one.

Last edited:

gsxr4000

Joseph11 said:
154.8450 MHz R (PL 151.4 Hz) is used by Wall Township Police in Monmouth County, NJ. I've been getting stuff from LI today very strong so I wouldn't be suprised if you were getting Wall.

EDIT: 155.6250 MHz R (DPL 565) is Aberdeen Township Police in Monmouth County, NJ. Forgot about this one.

WOW! That's crazy that I am picking up stuff from NJ all the way out here on the island....especially with a portable!!! I am using the supplied "wire" antenna on the 396t that came with my BCT8....

I have it ran out my window and clipped onto the rain gutter.....maybe this antenna isn't that bad afterall....now the scanner won't shut up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.