Confirmation on 'wildcard' use...

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Guys,

I just wanted to confirm the proper way to use the 'widlcard' setting on the 500.

If I put it in a properly assigned scanlist & lock it out, the scanner will only stop on my programmed TGRP objects, but if I un-lock it, the unit will stop on all traffic on the system, correct?

My apoligies for confusing you! Would you guys happen to reccomend anyone other than Grove for the fastest ship to NJ on a 500?

Highpockets

Guys,

I just wanted to confirm the proper way to use the 'widlcard' setting on the 500.

If I put it in a properly assigned scanlist & lock it out, the scanner will only stop on my programmed TGRP objects, but if I un-lock it, the unit will stop on all traffic on the system, correct?

My apoligies for confusing you! Would you guys happen to reccomend anyone other than Grove for the fastest ship to NJ on a 500?

If you live in North Jersey, there is a place in Lodi, you can buy direct, Advanced Specialties, Inc. They have a web site. They also must ship...

Last edited:

W2SJW

Database Admin
Yep, I saw that AS has them. That's where I bought my 396 in 2005. I don't care about the difference in NJ state tax vs. Grove's $16.00 shipping.

Instant gratification, baby!!! :lol:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Guys,

Correct.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Can any of you with Win500 take a look at this memory file for me?

I think i have the basics of how the OOUI works. This is probably the largest system I'll have in the scanner (Burlington County might be bigger, but all the zones share only a few county-wide talkgroups).

I made 3 TSYS objects for each of the 3 troop systems (each being their own scan list). I put all of Troop-B's TGID's in the first, along with the statewide TGID's (assigned to all 3 scan-lists, of course).

Each of the other 2 TSYS opjects for the other 2 troops have just the TGID's that broadcast on that site only. Did I do this correctly? What I want to make sure is that the statewide tallkgroups do show up across all 3 TSYS objects correctly.

If I got this right, I shouldn't be bothering you with any more programming questions (as the rest of my systems are a piece of cake!).

Last edited:

Patch42

Yes, but the scanner will still honor any TGRP lockouts that are in place. This is a very helpful feature with a system in my area with some talkgroups that are encrypted and some that aren't. I can use the wildcard to find new talkgroups. If they're encrypted, I save them and immediately lock them out. When in normal scan mode the wildcard won't stop for that locked out talkgroup. The talkgroup doesn't even need to be on a scanlist for this to work. It just needs to be in the database and locked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.