Confirmed Sentinel Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The Edit \ Add Channels On Range dialog ignores manual location data entry, and always uses the scanner's location the last time you read from the scanner. If your scanner location is set somewhere in Nebraska, the favorites list always gets populated with Nebraska data, even if you manually enter a California ZIP code or GPS coordinates in the dialog.

The only way to get California data to populate the favorites list is to enter a California location in the scanner, read data from the scanner in Sentinel, then run Add Channels On Range.

Also, the menu label "Add Channels On Range" is incorrect Engrish. it should be "Add Channels In Range", or better yet, "Add Channels Near Location".

phask

Premium Subscriber
Does not work that way for me. Make sure you have monitor full database ON in the profile,

I always use it with a zip code and it uses that location.

FWIW - I've used it many many times - often to check a poster's issue and never had an issue.

The Edit \ Add Channels On Range dialog ignores manual location data entry, and always uses the scanner's location the last time you read from the scanner. If your scanner location is set somewhere in Nebraska, the favorites list always gets populated with Nebraska data, even if you manually enter a California ZIP code or GPS coordinates in the dialog.

The only way to get California data to populate the favorites list is to enter a California location in the scanner, read data from the scanner in Sentinel, then run Add Channels On Range.

Also, the menu label "Add Channels On Range" is incorrect Engrish. it should be "Add Channels In Range", or better yet, "Add Channels Near Location".

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You're right. Monitor full database was unchecked, so it was pulling stuff from other favorites lists. I checked monitor full database, put in a Michigan zip code, and got a list of Michigan stuff.

There needs to be a set of check boxes in the Add Channels dialog so you can see and change whether it is looking through existing favorites lists or the main database to populate the new favorites list. What I'm listening to currently is not necessarily what I want to use to populate the favorites list.

phask

Premium Subscriber
If memory is correct - and I might be wrong,mine states somewhere using currently selected favorites and full db to select . However it states this when full Db is not selected. I've caught myself several times needing to re-do it.

You're right. Monitor full database was unchecked, so it was pulling stuff from other favorites lists. I checked monitor full database, put in a Michigan zip code, and got a list of Michigan stuff.

There needs to be a set of check boxes in the Add Channels dialog so you can see and change whether it is looking through existing favorites lists or the main database to populate the new favorites list. What I'm listening to currently is not necessarily what I want to use to populate the favorites list.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Moved to Tech Support and title edited to reflect that this was not a Sentinel bug.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If memory is correct - and I might be wrong,mine states somewhere using currently selected favorites and full db to select . However it states this when full Db is not selected. I've caught myself several times needing to re-do it.

There is a blurb at the bottom left of the dialog, but there's no way to change it, and no indication how to change it if it isn't what you want. Poor software design IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.