Confirmed updates on manatee county fl

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradpradio7420

Premium Subscriber
I have a few very interesting updates on what is going on with the Manatee County FL public safety radio system. These updates are from confirmed creditable sources , not some of the jack asses that like to post misinformation for fun. one of them is in Law Enforcement and the other has many years experience with PROVOICE and HARRIS CORP. i myself am very active in scanning the manatee county system.

1. Manatee County IS having problems with implementing PROVOICE. These problems are caused by some kind of unknown interference. the interference could be caused by another 800 MGHZ system or cellular or who knows what else. this is not a problem PROVOICE but one unique to Manatee County. i was given the full run down on PROVOICE today from someone who has extensive experience with such systems and heard that PROVOICE does work in many places in the U.S , just not good in Manatee County.

2. This is very interesting. due to all of the problems PROVOICE has suffered in the many attempts to activate it full time, all of the deputies of the Manatee County Sheriffs Office threatened to NOT REPORT FOR DUTY UNTILL THE RADIO SYSTEM WAS RETURNED TO ANOLG!! or every issue be resolved with the digital system. This would have meant NO COPS ON THE STREET to protect Manatee County. Thank god this DID NOT HAPPEN NOR IS IT GOING TO HAPPEN!! Manatee County has since returned to anolog.

3. PROVOICE is most likely NOT going to happen here in Manatee County. Manatee county does still plan to go to a digital system , just a different format most likely HARRIS corp P25 and most likely encryption since Manatee County has such a AVERSION TO PUBLIC MONITORING!! the encryption part is still unknown i will continue to post info on this as it becomes available.

4. in the past month and alot more than usual today i have seen many new talkgroups coming on line they range from Law Enforcement to Fire , and EMS this is no doubt a signt that things are changing on this system. all of these new talkgroups need to be identified and their purpose listed in the data base any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well it doesn't work well with SLERS either just ask any trooper or FWCC officer. There are big changes coming and i have seen in PDF form, not word of mouth. Moto P25 will be taking over alot of EDACS system in the area. This isn't meant to start a flame. Just sit back and watch the dynamic changes take place in the coming years.

I have a few very interesting updates on what is going on with the Manatee County FL public safety radio system. These updates are from confirmed creditable sources , not some of the jack asses that like to post misinformation for fun. one of them is in Law Enforcement and the other has many years experience with PROVOICE and HARRIS CORP. i myself am very active in scanning the manatee county system.

1. Manatee County IS having problems with implementing PROVOICE. These problems are caused by some kind of unknown interference. the interference could be caused by another 800 MGHZ system or cellular or who knows what else. this is not a problem PROVOICE but one unique to Manatee County. i was given the full run down on PROVOICE today from someone who has extensive experience with such systems and heard that PROVOICE does work in many places in the U.S , just not good in Manatee County.

2. This is very interesting. due to all of the problems PROVOICE has suffered in the many attempts to activate it full time, all of the deputies of the Manatee County Sheriffs Office threatened to NOT REPORT FOR DUTY UNTILL THE RADIO SYSTEM WAS RETURNED TO ANOLG!! or every issue be resolved with the digital system. This would have meant NO COPS ON THE STREET to protect Manatee County. Thank god this DID NOT HAPPEN NOR IS IT GOING TO HAPPEN!! Manatee County has since returned to anolog.

3. PROVOICE is most likely NOT going to happen here in Manatee County. Manatee county does still plan to go to a digital system , just a different format most likely HARRIS corp P25 and most likely encryption since Manatee County has such a AVERSION TO PUBLIC MONITORING!! the encryption part is still unknown i will continue to post info on this as it becomes available.

4. in the past month and alot more than usual today i have seen many new talkgroups coming on line they range from Law Enforcement to Fire , and EMS this is no doubt a signt that things are changing on this system. all of these new talkgroups need to be identified and their purpose listed in the data base any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brad you have seen new FD talk groups?

bradpradio7420

Premium Subscriber
NEWS MEDIA NEWS: i have seen alot of new talkgroups coming on line they seem to be of all types i some that for sure are law enforcement, you cant mistake that by their use of ten codes and signals and the fact they are talking about law related things. to answer your question yes i have heard about at least 5 to 6 new talkgroups that do sound like FIRE or EMS (talking in plain english and saying things like engine ???? to dispatch. like i said im seeing alot of groups i never seen before , i think this system is really going through some changes. i will go ahead and look through my scanner at the talk groups i have logged and post them all on this thread. im going to keep my pro 96 on open mode and see what else i find

bradpradio7420

Premium Subscriber
Well it doesn't work well with SLERS either just ask any trooper or FWCC officer. There are big changes coming and i have seen in PDF form, not word of mouth. Moto P25 will be taking over alot of EDACS system in the area. This isn't meant to start a flame. Just sit back and watch the dynamic changes take place in the coming years.

thats interesting any way you could email that info to me . i like to stay on top of what ever is being changed around in FL. also had a interesting conversation on SLERS today with a person that has a pretty good knowledge of SLERS

thats interesting any way you could email that info to me . i like to stay on top of what ever is being changed around in FL. also had a interesting conversation on SLERS today with a person that has a pretty good knowledge of SLERS

What was his outlook on SLERS? Just google around i`m sure you will find some info about changes.

NEWS MEDIA NEWS: i have seen alot of new talkgroups coming on line they seem to be of all types i some that for sure are law enforcement, you cant mistake that by their use of ten codes and signals and the fact they are talking about law related things. to answer your question yes i have heard about at least 5 to 6 new talkgroups that do sound like FIRE or EMS (talking in plain english and saying things like engine ???? to dispatch. like i said im seeing alot of groups i never seen before , i think this system is really going through some changes. i will go ahead and look through my scanner at the talk groups i have logged and post them all on this thread. im going to keep my pro 96 on open mode and see what else i find

Mind sharing the Fire/EMS talk groups?

Lets not get me wrong here, i have nothing against Harris. The proof is in the pudding, Pasco, Manatee and Hillsborough have constant problems with interference. The surrounding counties on Moto 800 and P25 does not have this problem . Something has to be done before somebody is killed.

bradpradio7420

Premium Subscriber
Lets not get me wrong here, i have nothing against Harris. The proof is in the pudding, Pasco, Manatee and Hillsborough have constant problems with interference. The surrounding counties on Moto 800 and P25 does not have this problem . Something has to be done before somebody is killed.

im not sure about any of the other counties you mentioned , as i do not live close enough to be in range of those systems, but manatee county does get some kind of interference from some where,i have no idea where from nor does even the people who work on the system but that is why PROVOICE is having trouble. i live in Sarasota County which is right next to Manatee County and Sarasota does use a Motorola P25 system and it works great. great audio quality on my radio shack pro 96 scanner to. i agree with you that there is alot of problems with alot of radio systems here in FL and everywhere in the U.S and it probably will take somebody getting killed before the problems are fully addressed, but you cant just blame the systems you have to think that everyone of these systems was designed either by people in the public safety field or more likely someone in politics who dont know squat about radios and are just saying how much they have to spend for a system and that as long as it stays in that budget its good enough. never mind that the price the sales guy tell these agencies is unrealistic to what it would really cost to get these systems to have all the required sites and equipment to make them work 100% or as close to it as you could get, and have all the features that are promised work how they are meant to. IT ALL COMES DOWN TO POLITICS AND RED TAPE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.