Confused about digital scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FantomHawk

Hey guys I had a thread called "Need Help :)" I can't seem to find it but anyway I have some questions.
How can you tell if the scanner you are looking at is digital?? Also can yall let me know of the most inexpensive digital scanner?? I need one for my area in Aurora but i don't have a job so therefore no income besides $17 a month for allowance from my parents.
Thanks

PS Jfab I can't figure out how to accept your friend request.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Check the Wiki out - it has a section dedicated. Cheapest new is about $350-$400, ebay might get you something in the 200-300 range.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys I had a thread called "Need Help :)" I can't seem to find it but anyway I have some questions.
How can you tell if the scanner you are looking at is digital?? Also can yall let me know of the most inexpensive digital scanner?? I need one for my area in Aurora but i don't have a job so therefore no income besides $17 a month for allowance from my parents.
Thanks

PS Jfab I can't figure out how to accept your friend request.

Check the wiki's as mentioned but also confirm you only with to monitor Aurora police and fire, if so your solution might be much less expansive than you think.

Jim<

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

If you only want to monitor Aurora, you only need a scanner capable of EDACS.

Guys, no ESK in Aurora, correct?

Also, if you would like, email me at trdcompetition@yahoo.com

Last edited:
Bump on the Ebay search,scored many great deals on there,,
you can score a pro 96 for as little as 200USD...maybe even
an older uniden-p25 capable..

Also,check you local Craigslist,,,person to person cash sales,
no shipping, or tax..

and lastly,but not least,,the radioreference classifieds..

good luck n happy scanning mate..

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
While we welcome all the out of state input, wonder if the initial poster would respond does he only wish to monitor Aurora Public Safety because if so he will not even need a digital scanner.

Jim<

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
I would like to scan Aurora and Parker Police, Fire and Ems. I don't know what I would need.
Thanks

To only monitor Aurora, you DO NOT need a DIGITAL scanner, just one that can follow an EDACS TRS. However, if you do want to monitor Parker and their FD, you WILL need a digital scanner. Parker and Metcom use the DTRS.

Status
Not open for further replies.