Confused Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

richandkim1

Premium Subscriber
Considering a purchase of a digital trunking scanner from RS. Would like to have one capable of hearing Meigs County Ohio SO. Would the pro 197 work as well for this as the pro 106? The 197 is on sale at the present time and I was considering that one. Also what are the pros and cons to programming either model. Thanks in advance for any help!

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
Considering a purchase of a digital trunking scanner from RS. Would like to have one capable of hearing Meigs County Ohio SO. Would the pro 197 work as well for this as the pro 106? The 197 is on sale at the present time and I was considering that one. Also what are the pros and cons to programming either model. Thanks in advance for any help!

for all intents and purposes the 197 and 106 are the same radio with the form factor the only difference. programming is essentially the same as well. i have a 197 and a 106 and use RR to program each. for me i wouldn't consider purchasing *any* object oriented scanner without also purchasing a RR subscription and using that to program the radio.

the RR database shows that Meigs County has conventional FM freqs and is also part of the Ohio MARCS system. assuming MARCS is not encrypted you should have no trouble monitoring it. the conventional FM freqs are likely their older freqs (pre-trunking) but there may still be some traffic on them as well.

good luck.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012

Welcome to RR. In the future I would avoid titles like "Confused Newbie". Say something like "Meigs County SO and the Pro 106", which is more likely to catch someone's attention in your area who will be a local listener and can tell you exactly what you need to do to listen to your scanner.

Doing a forum search I learned Meigs Co, Sheriff is on MARCS. Everything else appears to be conventional.

Status
Not open for further replies.