Confused regarding system talk groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

dons1957

Premium Subscriber
I am a little confused due to following...

I have downloaded the following systems onto my scanner: (see attachment)

At the same time, I am listening to these same systems on Broadcastify. I am picking up broadcasts on broadcastify that are not included in the system downloads (on scanner). Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Don

Attachments

• Snip-it_1582505242389.jpg
    Snip-it_1582505242389.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 68

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Unless you know precisely how the Broadcastify provider has programmed his system (what scanner, what software, what talkgroups he's chosen to present), it's next to impossible for you to try to match this up. In addition, the provider is likely using a better antenna than what you might be using. Geography is important too. His location might be more favorable than yours in terms of height, clearance from obstructions and so on. S/he could even be using a professional radio that will generally perform a whole lot better than a scanner.

There's simply too many variables to even begin to formulate a proper conclusion. Mike

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I am a little confused due to following...

I have downloaded the following systems onto my scanner: (see attachment)

At the same time, I am listening to these same systems on Broadcastify. I am picking up broadcasts on broadcastify that are not included in the system downloads (on scanner). Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Don
Your screenshot only implies that you are scanning your state's SAFTE-T system, but does not show exactly which sites and talkgroups that you have programmed. As Mike's already noted, the feed provider may have sites and/or talkgroups programmed that you do not. It's also possible that the feed provider might be including a site that you do not. He or she might be able to hear transmissions from that site that are out of range for you.

Without looking at your programming file, and comparing it with the details on the feed you are comparing it to, there's no way to accurately diagnose what the differences are.

dons1957

Premium Subscriber
I know what you are saying. But, i do have the primary dispatch channels for the various agencies programmed. And im in range to be receiving them. But, i also realize that without having somebody here to check into it, there is no way it can possibly get resolved via emails and little actual data. I thank everybody for the input though. I will keep trying.

Thanks,
Don

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Don 2 ways to check this
#1 Copy your programming file to the post and state what software you are using.
#2 Install Teamviewer of Anydesk and let someone remote into your PC to look at your config software. (Requires Trust on your part)

marksmith

If you are in range, then it is likely a sites difference issue, but as everyone has said, without seeing the setup in both radios, and knowing their reception characteristics nobody can answer your question beyond that.

The dispatch channels are not as important as the sites in this case, since there appear to be numerous. If you have all sites programmed, then it is reception related, but most people don't use all sites of a statewide system since frequencies are often reused and can result in confusion.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I know what you are saying. But, i do have the primary dispatch channels for the various agencies programmed. And im in range to be receiving them. But, i also realize that without having somebody here to check into it, there is no way it can possibly get resolved via emails and little actual data. I thank everybody for the input though. I will keep trying.

Thanks,
Don

Which TG are you trying to listen to on MPSCS?

Which scanner are you using?

u2brent

OAMPT
In addition to differences in sites and TG programming. A feed can be delayed by a minute or more compared to live audio received on a real scanner.. :unsure:

dons1957

Premium Subscriber
Which TG are you trying to listen to on MPSCS?

Which scanner are you using?
Using Bearcat BCD996XT. But i know that delay isn't the problem. I think that whatever channels are broadcasting on broadcastify simply are not included in the download file. This could be a case where i have to monitor both devices (scanner and broadcastify) to hear everything.

I don't know what MPSCS is.

u2brent

OAMPT
and won't be back :rolleyes:

Status: This feed will be deleted. I don't want online audio of a feed I am not monitoring. I suggest if you want to listen to Tipton, Miami Co, Clinton Co, Carroll Co..... Start your own feed... Thanks. ~J~

krokus

Premium Subscriber
North Central Indiana Counties Public Safety
Cass Co Sheriff & Logansport Police; Clinton Co Sheriff, Fire & EMS & Frankfort Police; Carroll Co Sheriff; Grant Co Sheriff & EMS; Miami Co Sheriff Fire & EMS Dispatch & Peru Police; Indiana State. SWMA-1-4. EMA-1-3. DMA1-3.

that is what he had running, how about you ?
it now say's offline.

I think he meant Cass County in Michigan, which is on the border.

Status
Not open for further replies.