Confused?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadiationX

Hi guys, im wasent sure to post this in this forum or the uniden one but, I have a Pro99 scanner and my friend has a Uniden B-SC230, you all know his cost more than mine but someone please tell me why mine picks up more stuff than his, ive messed with the squlech, and the area of where im standing but his sucks compared to mine and, i put them side by side and i can pick police and frs but his picks up only if they like within 3miles of where your at, mine will pick up aircraft 60miles!!!!! away? Why is this.

cristisphoto

Try this:

If it is trunking then try on the UNiden ,make sure the step etc is tuned correclty
Also Radioshack Scanners are a little more sensitive.....

FYI:
The Park PD (NPS) here I had to fine tune the step before my Unden BCD396T would recieve.
And On My Pro97 I never could switch Motorola on as it would ignore the Control Channel..
A workaround was (on the Pro97) was program all the frequencies in and scan that way
while locking out the Control channels.....
whereas proper trunking mode would be prgramming ONLY the Control Channels
Switch that Bak to Motorola, LTR, Edacs Etc and the Control channels would be Unlocked
UNderstand??
ANyways
Hope this helps
and not confuse..
Crista

RadiationX

Well both antennas are basicly the same and his isnt trunk, both of ours are "called" race scanners but i get everything i want with them the main reason i like them is cuz there small, but you think the more money you pay the better the quality huh? humm not so sure. lol

Dubbin

Feed Provider
Its because no one gave the PRO-99 the credit that it deserves. It really is a great little radio that people are missing out on just because they "think" its cheap. I know that its a keeper for me.

cristisphoto

The WHy???!!!!

Dubbin said:
Its because no one gave the PRO-99 the credit that it deserves. It really is a great little radio that people are missing out on just because they "think" its cheap. I know that its a keeper for me.

I like all of the Radioshak scanners
I just don't like to spend money on a corporation that hates it customers..
Or at least acts like they do....
BUt GRE makes awesome Product....
Uniden Rocks LOL
Crista

Al42

RadiationX said:
Well both antennas are basicly the same
There's a big difference between "basically the same" and "the same" when it comes to antennas. Switch antennas and see if the Uniden doesn't sound a little better.

Also, the GRE scanners are more sensitive, which means that they're more prone to overload. In a high RF environment, Unidens normally outperform GREs.

cristisphoto

You pay buuut...

RadiationX said:
Well both antennas are basicly the same and his isnt trunk, both of ours are "called" race scanners but i get everything i want with them the main reason i like them is cuz there small, but you think the more money you pay the better the quality huh? humm not so sure. lol

I,ve found via the HAAARD way :roll:
That mostly not always, buut mostly ,
themorer you pay means the more you've gotten screwed LOL
LIke with MACS .. Ya pay more, WAy more
and Get WAAAY less
Linux and Windows I learned the hard way are just better.....
same with scanners
it depends on YOUR needs and wants!!!
why pay 500 or mor if ya aint interested in using those features...
I spent 600 on my BCD396T and it was worh EVERY PENNY..
thats because there are Digital in my region aaaand
I wanted the unit just to say I have it lol
ANyhow I rest my case...
Dont EVER listen to a saleperson EVER!!
THats why the internet is here....
DO the research and sell it to yourself lOL
THe ONLY thing I use SAles for is to ask the price and what payment methods they accept:lol:

Anyhow
Crista

Status
Not open for further replies.